My Angel

Hello, Lovelies 💜 I'm back with another chapter for you all. Thank you all so much for waiting 2 whole months for me to update! You guys are the best!
Thank you for 618K reads!

Jimin's POV:

"Yah! That hurts when you push it too far!"

"Tch. Don't yah me! I'm the one doing all the work here!"

"Well, you're the one who's about to break my back!"

"Well, if you'd just practice splitting your legs more then this position wouldn't be so difficult!"

"Ouch! That's too far!" I gasp as Mr. Jeon pushes my back leg high above my head so I'm holding onto the  barre while my legs make a perfect vertical line. My thigh muscles sting and my right knee trembles as though any moment now I'm going to lose strength and collapse. 

After a moment of holding the stretch, Mr. Jeon gently lets my leg down. 

"Aish, you've been lazy on your weekends again. You've got to stop focusing on your friends and keep focusing on your skills." He crosses his arms and stares down at me. 

"But I promised Eunwoo that I would try harder to be there for him-"

"Did I ask what you do while you're babysitting that sorry excuse for an adult? No. I did not. You have requirements to keep yourself in check just as any other principal dancer. Now is not the time to start picking up bad habits."

"Aish...당신은 우리 엄마처럼 들린다." I mumble under my breath. 
(You sound like my mom.)

"날 믿어, 네 엄마는 나보다 멋지다." He snaps back at me, and I blush a little in embarrassment that he heard me. 
(Believe me, your mother is nicer than I am.)

I sigh and sit on the ground, practicing my front split.

I watch from the corner of my eye as Mr. Jeon limps a bit back to his wooden chair just a few feet away. 

I wish so bad that I could ask him how he's feeling...but he's been unusually strict over the last week, so I'm not so sure if I want to even know -3-.

"It's probably a good spot to break for the evening."  He says, gently massaging his ankle. 

"But, it's only 9 pm. Are  you sure?" I ask, looking back at the clock. 

He scoffs at me. 

"You're the one who's always asking if we can skip for the night or head home early, why don't you just escape while you can." He chuckles to himself, but I can see the pain in his tired eyes. 

I feel the words forming in my head, but my fear of what he will say stops them from coming out. 

"I-If you'd like to quit for the night that's okay." I say, mentally slapping myself for not having the guts to say what I actually wanted to say. 

"Hmph, I'm not the one who's been complaining all evening about going to fast. I can't fix all the hours you've been slacking off in one evening. You're just going to have to build back up your strength and flexibility."

I bite the inside of my cheek, feeling guilty now for being such a pain in his side. 

"Just go home." He sighs and gets up with a grunt of effort, doing his best to hide the limp as he goes to shut down his music player. 

"W-Wait..." I say, feeling my words hang around in the air to echo my awkwardness back through my ears a million times. "I-I'm sorry, Mr. Jeon. I don't mean to make things so difficult for you. I understand that you're doing your best, and it's only fair that I do my best as well."  I sit up on my knees and bow my head to him respectfully. "A-And..." The words feel like acid sliding across my tongue. "..if  your injury is hurting too much tonight... then we can call it a night. I don't mind."