Dr. McCoy x ftm!reader pt.2

A/n: there's mention of blood and injury toward the end, just a warning Incase you don't like that stuff. Anyway happy reading!
___________________________

~Your POV~
I was sitting at the dining table in Bones' room, well I should call it our room because for the last year and a half we have been living together! After our first date as you might have guessed we hit it off so here we are two years later. I look up when I hear the door open and in walks Bones. I glance at him smile and then go back to sketching. Normally I would do this on the bed but I spilled paint on his sheets and so now I have to paint and draw at the table. Fair enough but it's not as comfy as the bed but I see his point. He walks over and kisses the top of my head. I fake pout and look up at him, he gets the idea and kisses me again on the lips. I smiles and go back to sketching, he sits down looks over my shoulder at what I'm doing then goes and gets an iced tea. I knew he took a sip because he started talking about how it "wasn't the same as back home" and "why can't they fix the damn thing, he's complained enough." I can vouch for the complaining; he comes back and sits down next to me.
"So what are you drawing this time love?"
"Bat skeleton."
"Oh I see we are on a Skelton kick."
"Yep, although I think I'll watercolor this one instead of shading with pencil."
"Oh that'll look nice, if you like how it turns out I can get a frame and hang it up."
I smile at him, "yeah I think it'll look good."
I put down my pencil and stretch then look over at him, "so what are you doing back so early?"
"Oh I came back to see if you wanted to go on an away mission with us. Spock thinks it would be good for you to come and study the environment the native reptilian and mammalian species on Penthara IV."
I stare at him for a second then stand up and hug him nearly knocking over his iced tea. "Hell yes, I would love to come with you guys!"
"Okay then come on, we are leaving in ten minutes."
I run over to the bed and pull off my sleep shirt and grab my binder trying to clasp it, Bones walks over and does all six clasps for me. I look up at him and smile he smiles back and kisses my temple. I go back to getting dressed, pulling on my shirt, tucking it into my pants, putting on my belt and communicator, and finally putting on my shoes and walking over to the door where Bones was waiting. He chuckles a little at my eagerness then opens the door, and tells the computer to lock it behind us. I walk side by side with him and ask him about all the away missions he has been on and for a few tips when being in the transporter. He happily tells me then when we get to the transporter room he let's me go in first then follows me. He picks up his medical case and puts it on so it goes across his body starting at his left shoulder and ends resting on his right hip. Spock and the Captain were waiting for us as well as two red shirts. Bones started talking to the Captain and I started talking to Commander Spock about what to expect and what to look for.
"So the climate is changing rapidly due to a recent asteroid strike and our job is to see how the native mammalian and reptilian species are coping with these changes."
"Okay, will we be bringing back specimens to study?"
"Yes and we have already called your partner Mrs. Jackson and she will come and collect them as they are sent back and will set up temporary habitats for all of the specimens."
I nod and just as Commander Spock stops talking the Captain tells us it's time to go and so I follow Spock and Bones onto the transporter pad the Captain and two red shirts follow us. Lieutenant Commander Scotty sends us down to the surface of the planet and when we arrive I grab onto Bones' arm and look up at him.
"Do you always get this sick when you get sent down?" He chuckles and smiles.
"You get used to it the more you do it."
"Dang I hope so."
I look around the planet, it is very hot and humid, the air is thick and the entire landscape is jungle, but it is no longer a bright healthy green like in the photos they showed us in school, everything is a sickly brownish green. It truly makes me sad, but this is how things happen, I couldn't do anything about it, and all I can do is study it. I sigh and I guess Bones noticed my mood drop and comes up from behind me and kisses my cheeks.
"Don't be sad love, there was nothing that could have been done, and it's all just part of how the universe works."
I look down at the ground and then lift my head again and survey the forest, or what's left of it, one more time.
"Yeah, I guess your right, it just makes me sad I can't save all of the animals."
"I know, but you can save a few and at least that's something right?"
"Your right." I turn around and kiss his nose then venture off into the jungle to see if I can find a Cardassian vole or if I'm lucky a Ceti eel. I wander around the forest then I hear a rustle of leaves and out runs a Cardassian vole I decide to follow it and see where it will go. As I am following the Vole I hear a strange sound behind me but I ignore it at first in favor of following the Vole. Finally I catch the Vole and open my communicator to call up to Scotty to beam it back.
"Scotty, I have a Cardassian vole here and I was wondering if you wouldn't mind locking onto her and beaming her back up for Mrs. Jackson."
"Alrighty, will do Mr. (Y/L/N)."
After Scotty beams up the Vole I turn my attention back to the sound I heard earlier. I slowly walk back to where I heard it first, then I hear the same sound to my right just as I arrive back at the original spot. Carefully I creep toward the bush that is still moving ever so slightly from just being shaken. Then suddenly out of the bush charges a Sehlat, this threw me off guard because these animals are traditionally only native to Vulcan. These are huge animals, about the size of small grizzly bears, they are furry, have six inch long fangs and are extremely aggressive. It rammed its head into my stomach knocking me down then it puts a huge paw on my stomach and bites into my shoulder, it's six inch fangs went right though my shoulder and I screamed in pain. Luckily the scream frightened the Sehlat enough for it to back up a little, I could hardly breath because of the pain and my binder. I shakily got the bandage pad out of the small container in my belt, thank god for Bones' worrying for once. Then the Sehlat felt confident again and bit into my calf, again I screamed, but this time, it was a lot weaker. Again it backed off and stood closer to me waiting for me to die.
~Spock's POV~
I was watching the water of a small pond looking for a Ceti eel. Then all of the sudden I heard a shriek and stood up quickly. After a minute I heard another quieter one and recognized it as (Y/n). I started sprinting through the trees toward where the sound was coming from, I burst through the bush line into a small clearing. (Y/n) was laying toward the right and in front of him stood a Sehlat. I ran up to the Sehlat and stood between (Y/n) and the animal. I used to own one as a child on Vulcan, granted it was smaller and tamer but I still knew how to scare them away. I hit the animal on the nose and yelled at it, it slowly backed away and ran into the trees opposite us. Then I turned my attention to (Y/n) he was putting pressure on a wound in his shoulder but was also bleeding from his leg. I opened my communicator and called to Bones.
~Bones' POV~
I heard two screams and looked at the Captain who I was accompanying while Spock and (Y/n) were looking for animal species. I got worried and started heading that way, Jim followed me then I got a call on my communicator, I opened it and I heard Spock's voice.
"Leonard, I need medical assistance immediately, it's (Y/n) he was attacked by a Sehlat."
"I'm on my way!" I shouted then started sprinting in the direction of the shrieks. Jim was right behind me but all I could think about was (Y/n) and why did it have to be him, it's was only his first away mission, why couldn't it have been me instead. I burst into the clearing and I could see Spock pressing a bandage pad to (Y/n)'s leg and (Y/n) pressing one to his own shoulder. I ran to his side and he opened his eyes slightly to look up at me, he smiles weakly.
"Hey Bones."
I didn't say anything back I just put my hand on top of his and moved the bandage, he put his hand on his stomach and closes his eyes again. I pulled some disinfectant out of my first aid kit.
"This will sting love, just hold still."
I put some on his wound and he flinched but kept as still as he could. I could hear Jim talking to Scotty and I kissed (Y/n)'s forehead.
"It's okay, Scotty will beam us up and I'll take you to sick bay, you'll be fine." He nodded and I moved on down to his leg and moved the bandage pad Spock had been holding there. "Hold still again, it's gonna sting." He but his lip but didn't move. Then Scotty beamed us up and when we got there Spock helped me move (Y/n) onto the stretcher nurse Chapel brought. I rushed him to sick bay and when we arrived I started dressing his wounds.
~Your POV~
Four hours later I woke up in sick bay, my arm was in a sling and bandaged as well as my calf. I propped myself up on my good arm then sat up.
"Bones?"
He walked out of his office and over to my bed. He gently pushed me down so I was on my back again.
"You shouldn't be sitting up like that, lay down for about another half hour then I'll take you back to our room, okay?"
I nod then reach out and grab his hand with my right hand.
"Don't go, I don't want to be alone."
"I'll be right over there in my office love, you won't be alone." He starts to walk away again.
"No, come back, tell me a story please." He sighs but smiles and sits down on the bed.
"Fine but just one, then you'll have to get some more sleep. Deal?"
"Deal, but only if I get a kiss."
He chuckles "You really know how to bargain, but okay."
He thinks and looks at the ceiling then looks back to me.
"Okay so when I was a little boy about twelve in Georgia our house was next to a Grove of Live Oak trees, you know those huge oak trees you always see bordering roads leading up to plantations and such?"
I nod and smile at him.
"Well there were at lease three hundred or so of these trees and near the back of the grove was the biggest tree I have ever seen. So one day my friend and I decided to climb that tree, I had been climbing these trees since the day I could walk so I agreed because I still hadn't climbed this one. I took it as a challenge. My friend climbed up to the first branch and I followed close behind we climbed about twenty feet off the ground then we sat on a big branch. We started messing around then my friend fell and hit the ground with a loud thud. This scared me shitless so I climbed down to check if he was dead, thankfully he was alive but it looked like his arm was broken. I went and broke some big sticks off of the tree and sprinted back to the garage of the house and grabbed some duct tape. When I got back I taped the sticks to his arm and helped him up and back to the house. When I brought him home my mom called his mom and had her come over and pick him up. His arm was definitely broken, he showed up to school the next day in a cast, but that was the day I knew I wanted to be a doctor."
I smiled at him and he got up and kisses me softly. "Now sleep lovely, and hey I'll sweeten the deal, if you take it easy for the next week, I'll take you out for a date in that grove on the holodeck and we can have a picnic. How does that sound?"
I nod "sounds wonderful!"
"Hey Leonard, I love you."
"I love you too (Y/n)."

___________________________
A/n: wow 2360 words. Apparently I really liked this idea. Hope you guys like it!