Captain Kirk x ftm!reader

(Y/n's POV)
When I wake up I try to climb out of bed so as not to wake Jim. Sadly, I was unsuccessful.
"Good morning birthday boy," Jim says as I get up to get breakfast.
"Just another day as far as I'm concerned," I respond.
Now, it's not that I don't like my birthday, because I do, I just don't like that people won't give me a moment to myself. I do love my friends, but sometimes I need a moment to take a breather. It seems the only people that understand are my partner Kirk and my best friend Spock. Though sometime's Kirk can forget that too.
"Oh come on, it's not 'just another day.' Today is the day that everyone gets to celebrate you."
"The only person I want to spend today with is you," I say walking over to our table to eat my breakfast.
"What about a few more people than just me?" He asked.
"What is that supposed to mean?"
"Nothing! It's just a question."
"Jim, why do I think you are lying to me?"
"Maybe because I am?"
"What do you have planned?" I asked turning to look at him.
"I'm not gonna tell you that, you'll just have to wait!"
"Would you like to bet on that?" I ask standing up.
"You wouldn't do anything to me, you love me too much," He says standing up to get his breakfast as well.
"Yeah, your right," I admit pulling him into a hug. "But seriously, what do you have planned?"
"You'll just have to wait and find out!"
The rest of the morning I kept trying to get Kirk to tell me what he was planning, yet again, I was unsuccessful.
"I'll see you after my shift," Jim says as we kiss goodbye at the door.
"Hopefully you'll be the only person I see," I add with an 'I hope I'm right for your sake' look.
As I walk to engineering, I get a few 'Happy birthdays,' which is actually kind of nice, not that I would ever admit that to Jim.
"Hey, Scotty," I call as I enter the engineering deck.
"Hey, (Y/n), happy birthday lad." He responds.
I smile and keep walking to my station to get to work.
Today, though it was my birthday, did not seem to want to be my day. I was working one some gears that were supposed to be turned off last night. The record said they had been turned off and the outside of them felt cool to the touch. Then I climbed in, but as I grabbed a piece of metal to work on it, it burned my hand. Then I hit my head and jabbed my elbow into the wall as I climbed out of the service tunnel. I needed a moment so I sat down and stared at my hand. A thick, red, bar was running through the center of my palm where I had been burned. When I was ready I stood up and went to tell Scotty. He was not gonna be happy that his second in command had been hurt due to someone else's mistake, and I pity that poor kid.
"Scotty, I think I have to go to sickbay." I said in an 'I'm already over today' tone.
"Why is that?" He questioned as he turned to face me.
"Well, I burned my hand because the gears I had requested to be turned off last night. Looks like they were only turned off this morning."
"How did you not catch that before?"
"Because the record stated that they had been turned off, and the outside was cool to the touch."
Scotty took a deep breath and marched over to check the request records on the computer.
"Don't be too harsh," I called after him as I left to go to sickbay.
"Bones?" I called into the seemingly empty sickbay.
"Back here," he called from the supply closet.
I walked over to the closet and saw him carefully taking inventory.
"Hello Bones," I said as I stood outside the supply closet.
"Hello, (Y/n). Did you come by so I could wish you a happy birthday?" He asked not turning to look at me.
"You should know me better than that Bones. I hardly come into sickbay when I'm hurt, let alone when I'm healthy. Plus you don't have the good whiskey here, that's in your room." I joked.
"Why are you here then?" He questioned as he turned around.
"Because of this."
"Oh, come on then, sit down on the bed." He said exasperatedly as he ushered me to a bed.
I did as I was told and gave my hand to him.
"Why didn't you say that from the beginning?" He asked a bit accusingly.
"Because it's not that big of a deal, it's just a burn," I stated.
"Burns are still dangerous and need to be treated," he scolded as he cleaned it then healed the wound.
"Thanks, Bones, for the 'happy birthday' and fixing my hand up," I said. I felt bad for being snippy toward him, it wasn't his fault that I got burned.
"No problem."
I finished up my shift working on other small projects waiting for that stupid gear to cool. When it finally did, I fixed the, very simple problem, then headed back to Jim and I's shared room.
"Hey, Jim," I say tiredly as I enter the room.
"Hey baby," he responds from our bedroom.
"What are you doing?"
"Getting changed. You should too," He added.
"Why?"
"Because the guests will be over in half an hour."
"What? Jim! Why didn't you tell me?" I say walking into our bedroom.
"It's a sort of surprise party for you. You weren't supposed to know."
"Jim, today is really not the day for this."
"Oh come on, it's only our close friends, it'll be fun."
"Fine," I say exasperatedly as I start to get changed.
"Really? I expected more of a fight to be honest."
"It's just been a really long day Jim."
"Did something happen?"
"Yeah, somebody made a mistake and I ended up burning my hand, and had to go to sickbay. Then I couldn't finish the project until the very last moment. And now all these people are coming over when I just want to sleep."
"Baby, I'm sorry, I wouldn't have planned this If I had known."
"It's fine. Only our close friends, like Scotty and Spock right?"
"A few more than that but yeah, just close friends."
As people started to show up, I became anxious because I didn't know how many people to expect. Thankfully only a few came. Specifically, Uhura, Spock, Scotty, Bones, Checkov, and Sulu.
"Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to you, Happy birthday to (Y/n), Happy birthday to you!" Everyone sang as I stood in front of a cake. I blew out the candles and everyone began to cheer. The night hadn't actually been as bad as I expected, in fact, It was kind of nice.
The party was winding down, I had opened my presents, we had served the cake, and I had greeted everyone. At the moment I was talking with Spock about the day, and that I was happy that he was there. Then Uhura came up and asked me if I wouldn't mind sharing some baby photos. I agreed before I realized what she had asked. I froze and looked around the room for Jim. I found him, then excused myself for a moment, coming up with an explanation about having to get the screen ready.
"Jim!" I whisper yelled as I walked up next to him.
"What is it? Something wrong?"
"Uhura wants to baby photos of me, and I agreed before I realized what that meant," I explained, freaking out a little.
"Oh, well, these people are your friends (Y/n). I'm sure they'll understand," he comforted.
"What if they don't? What if they don't want to be my friends after I show them.?"
"(Y/n), don't be silly. Look at who you're talking about," He said as he motioned to the small gathering of people.
I nodded understanding what he meant.
"Okay, you're right, as usual. Can you please get the screen ready?" I asked calming down some.
He did as I asked and soon everyone was gathered in front of the screen to see my baby photos.
"Computer, display photo 1246A," I said, looking at the pad in my hand, then to the screen in front of me.
A photo of a little kid in pigtails came on screen. The kid was smiling and missing their two front teeth. Honestly, it was a cute photo.
"I thought we were going to see you baby photos (Y/n)," Bone's said.
"That is a photo of me when I was a kid. I had just lost my two front teeth when I was eating an apple," I chuckled at the memory.
"Look at how precious you are!" Uhura cooed "It seems you didn't grow out of that."
I smiled and blushed in embarrassment.
"Computer, display photo 1879H."
It was a photo of me making friends with a seal at the zoo, another one of my best photos if I do say so myself.
Everyone collectively made an 'awwwww' sound, except for Spock who did admit it was cute.
I displayed a few more photos and told some stories about them. I ended with my Star Fleet graduation photo of Jim, Spock, and I.
Once everyone had left, Jim and I crashed on the couch, tired from the party.
"That wasn't so bad now was it?" Jim asked looking over at me.
"No, it wasn't. Thank you, darling," I said, kissing his cheek.
"Happy birthday baby."
"Let's go to bed."
"Yes, lets."

___________________________
A/n: I hope y'all like this one. It was requested by @SilverrRaven. Hope you enjoy!