Tenth day of Christmas (House)

(A/n: And holy shit. I'm so sorry that this is so late but I hope you guys still like it and enjoy:)!)

(Y/n's POV)
I was sitting at the kitchen table with my head in my hands. I was so done with him. Gregory House had finally crossed the line this time. Right now he was sitting on the couch in our living room not even trying to make up for what he said.
"House." I say trying to suppress my fury and hurt.
"Hmm."
"I'm going for a walk you bastard, not that you give a damn."
I stand up and walk to the door. I slip on my shoes then grab my jacket, keys, and wallet. I slam the door shut not even knowing weather I would be coming home that night. I walk with my head down going over the argument in my head. When I finally got to the park I sat down on a bench and pulled out my phone. I started listening to music and playing games.
I'm guessing that about now you are wondering what happened. Well, I had told house that I wanted to go see a specialist to schedule Top Surgery. I was really excited about it but then House said those words that almost made me kill him. He had to go and ruin the whole moment.
"You'll still only have X chromosomes. The surgery won't change that."
I just stared at him. How could he say something like that. He was just making coffee, and said that. It was so soul crushing.
That is when I sat down at the table and started to cry.
"Oh come on he said. You didn't think it would change anything else than your physical appearance did you?"
"No." I said through gritted teeth, "No Greg, I knew it wouldn't change anything genetically, but what the HELL is your problem. I thought you loved me!"
"I do, that's why I reminded you." he said Icily while he limped over to the couch to sit down.
"I at least thought you would be happy for me."
"I am."
"If you were, you wouldn't have said that."
He went to speak again but I cut him off.
"Just, don't say anything else."
Then I left for this walk. House still had to go to work so I hoped he would get in a fight again. Come home to an empty house with a bloody nose because of his own damn actions.

(House's POV)
After (y/n) left, I got up and got dressed. I couldn't understand why he was so upset. Anyway, I went to work but, instead of messing with the interns I just kind of thought about what (y/n) had said.
'I at least thought you would be happy for me!'
I don't know why he got so pissed off.
The interns were talking about some stupid case so I got up and left. I walked into Wilson's office and sat down.
"Have a seat why don't you."
I ignored his comment then got settled.
"(Y/n) is mad at me."
"Why? What did you do this time?"
"Nothing?"
He sighs and rubs his forehead.
"What did he think you did?"
"He thinks I don't care about him."
"And why would he think that House?" Wilson said starting to get annoyed.
"Well, I said that even if he gets top surgery, he will still only have XX chromosomes and that the surgery will purely be cosmetic."
Wilson takes a deep breath and looks at me.
"House, you idiot. He knows that, but you don't have to remind him all the time okay? He is doing the cosmetic things so that he feels better okay? Do you understand?"
I roll my eyes.
"Of course I know he is a boy, but he also has certain genetic characteristics-"
"House, shut the hell up and go apologize."
"How do I-"
"Go get him flowers or chocolates or something and tell him what you told me. Without the 'genetic characteristics' this time okay?"
I nod then start walking toward the gift shop.
"From the store not the gift shop!" Wilson calls after me. I grit my teeth an turn around.

(Y/n's POV)
I had just gotten back from the park and went Into the bedroom. I laid down on the bed and just started to cry. I have no idea why he would ever say something like that. I knew he was an insensitive prick. God did I know that, but, this was just downright cold. I suppose I brought it upon myself. I know, and I knew, him, his personality. I don't know. I just thought he would be able to bite his tongue.
I start to sniffle as the crying tapers off. I roll over into my back and stare at the ceiling.
Then, suddenly, the door opens and I sit up straight. I wipe my eyes the best I can and try to act normal.
"Where are you?" He calls from the front room.
"In here, in the bedroom." I say back.
I pick up my book and try to distract myself.
He walks in and I notice something colorful in his arms. I look up slowly and coldly.
"What is in your arms?"
"Flowers and candy."
"For who, your side chick."
He looked off to the side and I could tell he was biting his tongue.
"No darling, it's for you. I-I apologize for what I said earlier."
"Specifically why are you sorry?"
"I am sorry for saying that just because of your genetics you won't ever be a man. I was wrong. You have always been a man in my eyes. I never would have brought you home if I didn't believe that."
I put my book down and look at him fully.
"Thank you, and I understand, sort of, what you were trying to say."
He nods awkwardly.
"Where do you want these?"
"Flowers on the table please and chocolate in here."
He puts the candy on the bed and goes off to put the flowers on the table. When he comes back he lays down on the bed next to me and I look over at him. I was still a little bad but I had mostly gotten over it.
"Just never say it again okay?"
He looks over at me and nods.
"I still love you, you stupid idiot."
"You know I love you, my handsome boy."

___________________________
A/n: I haven't watched house in forever and I hope I did okay. Hope you enjoyed :)!