King x male!reader

A/n: Not proofread.

(Y/n's POV)
A batch of sunlight was streaming down through the curtains of the tavern. When I opened my eyes, the sun flashed in my eyes, so I closed them and rolled over onto my side. I opened my eyes again and found I was sleeping on King's pillow. Smiling, I stretched and sat up. Then it hit me when arms wrapped around my waist.
The night before rushed back into my head.
The sins, Hawk, Elizabeth, and I had a fairly show day, so we decided to close up early. We, meaning Elizabeth and I cleaned up the shop. Then we all sat down to have a drink or two.
Well, I have fancied King for quite some time now. He is so sweet, and considerate, and honestly, adorable. We had a few more drinks then we set out to have, and one thing led to another. I confessed my feelings for King, he reciprocated, we kissed, then after that, the night is a blur.
I quickly stood up and put my hand in my head. I my face turned from an expression of comfort, to that of fear, and confusion.
I started to pace a bit and panic when King lazily got up off of his pillow to look at me.
"What is wrong?" He asked yawning and rubbing his eyes sleepily.
"What's WRONG?" I say, my arms flying out wildly. "I don't remember anything from last night! What if we slept together, what will the other think, oh God, we made a mistake." I said frantically.
"Trust me, you guys didn't." Ban said from behind me.
I turned around to find Meliodas, Ban, and Elizabeth watching us.
"Honestly, it took you two long enough to confess your feeling. Geez, it was getting painful to watch." Meliodas added as he began to clean the tables and such.
"Wait! You all knew?" I said exasperatedly.
They all nodded and looked at me with a "Umm, yeah." Face.
"I'm going outside, I need a minute." I said starting to walk toward the door.
I opened the door and the fresh air hit my skin. It was cool and calming, just what I needed. I walked out onto the grass in front if the tavern, found a nice soft spot and sat down.
I rubbed my face then jumped a bit when a hand was laid on my shoulder.
"Hey." King said, sitting down on his pillow next to me.
"Hey." I responded looking down at the ground.
"Why are you so worried about us being a couple?" He asked, looking out over the field of rolling hills in front of us.
"I'm just worried because...whenever I date someone, they usually end up getting hurt. It's some stupid cliché curse I have." I responded, picking a piece of grass out of the ground and fiddling with it in my fingers.
"Well I can protect myself." King said, and he placed his hand on my shoulder.
I didn't bother to look up at him when I spoke.
"That is what they all say, and they all end up getting hurt somehow, no matter what."
"Well, I'm not like them. I'm done of the Seven Deadly Sins. I know how to handle myself. And hey, are you going to keep restricting, and limiting yourself just based on the fact that one or two of your previous partners got hurt while dating you? Doesn't that seem silly?" He asked.
I rubbed my face with my hands again and looked up at him.
"Yeah, it does seem silly, it's just, I don't know how to love someone anymore. Whenever I try to, the relationship is just suffocated by my need to protect them. I don't want that to happen to us, I just want to have a comfortable relationship."
"Well then, I can do that—no, we can do that. I'll help you learn how to love and trust again okay?"
I slowly nodded then leaned over into his shoulder.
"Do you promise to not get hurt?" I asked him. I honestly knew it was a stupid question just as I asked it.
"Now, I can't promise that, but I can promise that you won't hurt me."
"How do you know that?" I asked sadly.
"I know that because I know who you are. You wouldn't hurt a fly, let alone me, or any of your other friends." He said as he rubbed circles into the small of my back.
We sat there in the grass for what seemed like hours, but it was more likely to me just a half hour.
Then I took a deep breath and stood up.
King looked up at me, the side of his lip curled into a small smile. I held out my hand and he took it. His pillow behind to levitate, and he became eye level with me I just a moment. We both walked and well, flew? Back into the tavern hand in hand.
"Finally!" Meliodas exclaimed when he heard us enter the tavern. "Grab a cloth and get cleaning!"
He threw one at me, which I caught and began to clean tables with.
Then he threw one at King, who let it hit him in the face and fall to the floor. I rolled my eyes at king. He rolled into his back and closed his eyes.
After all of us finished cleaning, we open the doors of the tavern, and the first few customers trickled in through the front doors.
I took up my post behind the bar with Meliodas while king drifted off to his room, and everyone else took up their usual posts too.
"So, you guys all really knew that kind and I fancied each other?" I asked Meliodas discretely.
He smiled at me and nodded.
"It was kind of hard to miss the looks, and the protectiveness you have over one another."
"And you don't mind us dating?" I asked while serving someone a drink.
"Why would I? You two are happy, and I'm happy that your happy. Other than that, it's not my business."
I smile, and we start to chat about other things and serve the costumers.

___________________________
A/n: Day #25! Hope you all enjoyed :)!