Fox Mulder x Male!reader Pt.1

A/n: Please read the author's note at the end of the story.

(3rd person POV)

Agent Dana Scully walks into the FBI building in Washington DC. She passes through security and walks through the maze of cubicles nodding to a few people as she goes. Eventually, she finds the boss's office. She enters the room to find a secretary who tells her to wait for a moment. When the secretary lets her in, she finds one man sitting behind the desk and another smoking next to the window. She learns that she is to "take notes" on the dealings of the two men assigned to the X-files department.

She leaves the office and finds the elevator talking to a few people as they get on and off the elevator. She rides it to the basement and steps out into a long corridor. She finds a door that says "Office of Agent Fox Mulder" She knocks on the door and waits a moment.

"Come in!" a male voice called from the other side of the door.

"Fox Mulder?" Scully questioned when she opened the door and saw the source of the voice.

"No actually, my name is Agent (Y/n) (Y/l/n). I'm the 'computer geek' around here," you said almost automatically, "and who might you be?" he added as an afterthought.

"Agent Dana Scully, I've been assigned to work down here with Agent Mulder. I was not informed he already had a partner." She added a bit warily.

"That's because I'm not really his partner, I'm more of a sidekick. I usually stay behind and do research on the cases. He does the fieldwork."

"So where is Agent Mulder?"

"He's getting coffee, he should be back in 3...2...1."

"Hey (Y/n) got any.... Who are you?" Mulder questioned when he walked through the door and saw Scully.

"Agent Dana Scully, I've been sent here-"

"Oh, you're my new partner, the one who the big guys upstairs sent to spy on us right?" he asked, setting a coffee down next to me and leaning against my desk.

"Well not exactly." She tried to correct, before being cut off again.

"Oh, they told you not to tell us," you said in a matter-of-fact tone of voice.

"It's okay," Mulder started.

"As long as you don't tell them we are crazy Mrs. Doctor lady." you finished.

The conversion was cut short by a loud beep emitted by your computer.

"Oh here we go!" you say spinning around in your chair to attend to the computer.

"What is it?" Mulder questioned immediately, turning to the screen.

"Looks like a case came in of an entire herd of goats who died and seem to have had all their blood sucked out of them." you read out-loud as you skimmed the report.

"We don't usually investigate animal cases," Mulder responded in confusion.

"Hold on, there's more. Their shepherd, her horse, and their two dogs were also found drained of blood. Their bodies were pale, deflated, and it looks like they have been dead for months. The thing is, the shepherd's husband said she was only gone for two days."

"Hey Scully, take a look at these marks," Mulder asked and he pulled up the photo of the punctures.

"What do those look like to you?" you asked.

The holes were four inches deep, they were wide near the skin but thinned as you looked down into the wound, like a fang. There were three of them in a triangle formation.