JJ Maybank x male!reader

(Normal POV)
"Why don't you go blackout on the couch already!" JJ yelled at his dad as he followed him through the house.
"Oh is that the way you're gonna talk to your father who has given you everything you have?" His dad yelled back at him.
"If  by 'everything' you mean scars and bruises, then yeah, that's how I'm  gonna talk!" JJ responded trying to push him out of his room.
"Get out!"
"I  was waiting for you to offer!" JJ said as he stuffed a few things into his bag and left his room. He pushed by his father and walked out into the yard.
"Get out and don't come back until you learn some respect!" His dad yelled from the doorway.
"Well, then goodbye forever!"JJ yelled over his shoulder as he walked into the darkness.  

(Y/n's POV)
  "(Y/n), hey (y/n) wake up." I heard quietly from outside my window. I rolled over and got up, walked over to the window.
"Mmm, JJ? Is that you?" I asked as I opened the window to my room, letting the cool sea breeze enter.
"Yeah, it's me. Can you sneak out?" He asked as he crawled in through the window.
"Yeah, my mom isn't home, she's working the graveyard shift at the hospital," I said sitting down on my bed.
"That's great! We've got all night then right?" JJ said, sitting in my desk chair.
"Yeah! What do you want to do then?"
"I  was thinking we could take these sparklers and go have some fun down at  the beach." He said pulling out two boxes of sparklers from the 4th of  July.
"Hell yeah, that sounds perfect. Hold on, let me get dressed." I said as I stand up and go to my closet.  

"Did you get in a fight it's your dad?" I asked gently while not looking at him.
"Yeah."
"Want to talk about it?"
"Yeah,  a little. He was just being a dick. He catches me coming home 'past curfew' one night and he flips his shit. Since when has he ever cared when I care home? Like shit man, I didn't even know I had a curfew."
"Did he hit you?" I ask softly.
"No," he replies firmly.
"Good," I respond with relief in my voice.  

Once I was dressed I sat on my bed again, this time next to JJ. I looked him in his eyes, then i kiss him softly.  "What was that for?" JJ asks as I pull back.
"Can't I just kiss my boyfriend?"
"Of course, I was just surprised."
"I'd think you were used to it by now. Anyway, let's get going! I'm excited." I said brushing off the intimate moment.
"K bro, let's go!" JJ said excitedly.
"Did you just call me 'bro'?" I asked, a look of confusion on my face.
"Yeah, sorry about that," JJ responds with an embarrassed laugh.
"It's fine, just don't do it again," I said while chuckling.
"Which beach do you want to go to?" JJ asks as we walk out to my car and get in.
"How about Avon beech?" I suggest as I start the car and drive away from the house.
"Hell yeah, that's perfect!"JJ says leaning back and watching me drive. 
"The night is beautiful! Thank God you came and got me, I would have  hated to miss a night like this." I say as we pull up to the secluded beach.
"You can thank my dad for that," JJ says with a bit of bite in his words.
"Hey, don't joke like that." I scold as I turn the car off.
"What? It's true!"
"I know, but it just makes me worry."
"Hey, don't worry, I can take him any day!"
"JJ."
"Fine."

"How about here? This looks pretty good." JJ asks setting the blanket I brought down on the sand.
"Yeah,  I'll grab the lighter from the car, you find some firewood," I say,  walking off to the car.
"That is so much better. A fire, a beautiful night, and my  beautiful boyfriend, just what I needed." I say leaning my head on JJ's shoulder.   JJ wrapped his arm around my hips and kissed my head. We sat there like that for a little while until I broke the silence.   "Let's break out those sparklers!" I said to JJ.
"Hell yeah!" He said as he pulled them out.  
We lit the sparklers in the fire and played with them till they were all gone. We wrote our names, drew things, and danced the whole time. When we finished them we sat back on the blanket and watched the ocean some more. My head was once again on JJ's shoulder, and his arm around my waist. 
"Do you think we will ever be able to go, full kook? Like a big house, sports cars, the whole lot?" I asked.
"If we find that 400 million, hell yeah," JJ responds.
"Do you think we will be able to even if we don't find the 400?"
"I don't know. Probably not, but we don't have to be kooks to be happy together."
"That's true, I just don't want to have to fight to keep ourselves afloat. That's why my parents split up." I said quietly.
"We won't make the same mistakes as your parents, we are different."
"You sound like a movie character JJ."
"But it's true." He responded matter-of-factly.
"I  hope so, I don't want us to fall apart over money," I say. Then I sit up and look at JJ in the eyes. "Do you promise to not let money come  between us no matter how bad it gets?"
"Promise." He says with a slight smile on his face.
"Good."

Then we fell into silence again, this time with JJ breaking the quiet.   "Do you ever think about what will happen between us when you go off  to college?" He asked, unconsciously pulling me closer to himself.
"Yeah, I think about it all the time."
"So?"
"Well,  I don't know. I mean, I want to stay with you of course, but  long-distance relationships never last." I say, looking into the fire.
"I'm sure we can make it last! I mean, we've survived hurricanes for God's sake. I think we can survive a little distance." JJ insists.
"Do you promise to visit whenever you can?" I ask, looking up at him.
"Well yeah? Why wouldn't I?"
"Life can get busy, and we will both have things to do and we see less and less of each other and before you know it, we'll break up."
"Oh come on! You know that won't happen.  I'll be over at your place every weekend with John B., Pope, and Kia as a  matter of fact."
"I hope so! I'd be mad if you didn't bring them  along." I joked, then I got quiet again.
"JJ, I think we are gonna make it. Like not just in finding the gold, but in general. We are gonna grow up, get married, and your gonna fish till you can't anymore and I'll work wherever I can. It'll be everything we ever imagined." 
"I hope so." He whispers to me.  

A  little while later, we both stood up and started to pack our things back into the car. When we both got in, I looked over at him and asked him a question.   "Hey JJ?"
"Yeah?"
"Can I tell you something important?"
"Of course."
"JJ, I love you."
  "That's good because I love you too (y/n)."
"Do you wanna sleepover tonight? I'm sure my mom will be fine with it, she  loves taking in wayward children." I joke trying to lighten the moment.  He rolls his eyes.
"Yeah sure, I'll sleepover."
"Good, and don't forget JJ, we are gonna make it," I say almost ominously as I start the car and drive toward home.

___________________________
A/n: I hope you all enjoy this fic! It's a bit short and I'm sorry about that. It was written for @kithdols and I hope it's kind of what you were looking for.