John Laurens x male!reader pt.2

A/n: not proofread. This is a sort of part two from the previous one.

(Y/n's POV)
I woke up, my leg hurting, but warm next to my lover.
I had gotten bucked off my my horse the other day and landed on my leg weird. It wasn't broken, at least I think, but it sure hurt like hell.
I turned over on my side and kissed John's cheek.
"Morning Love."
"Mmmm. Morning." He says opening his eyes and yawning widely.
"We have to get up. Marching orders."
He nods and pushes himself up off the ground. He puts his uniform on and leaves to announce to the boys that they need to pack up.
I sit up and pull on my uniform top then try and stand up. I get up on one knee then try to stand and would have face planted in the dirt if John had not caught me.
"Your leg is beginning to worry me (y/n)." He says helping me stand up and pull on my pants.
"I'm fine. It's just a bit stiff." I say letting go of John and standing on my own.
He looks at me skeptically but helps me pack up our things. Once everything is ready, we jump on our respective horses and start to lead the men into town.
Once we arrived John dismounted and then helped me down off of my horse.
"So where to first? The store?" I ask John, already heading that way.
"No, the firsts place we are going to go is the doctor." John says, sweeping me off my feet bridal style.
"John! Why?" I say looking at him, frustrated.
"Because, you leg is really hurting you. I see you wince when your horse walks, and you are trying to power through it but I'm starting to worry that it's more than just your leg needing a bit to rest."
I sigh relenting to his logic.
"I guess you're right."
I lean my head against his chest, frankly happy to be in his arms.
Once he walks into the doctor's office the secretary looks us up and down and narrows her eyes.
"What seems to be the problem?" She asks almost accusingly.
"General (y/l/n) was thrown off of his horse a few days back and I am worried that his leg is broken." John says with the slightest edge of frustration in his voice. "May we see the doctor?"
"Yes, right through that door to your left." The secretary says lifting her eyebrow.
Once John carries me through into the Doctor's room, he places me on the examination table and turns to address the Doctor.
"What seems to be the problem?" The Doctor asks looking up from his papers.
"I fear the General here has broken his leg." John says answering for me.
"And how did this happen?" The Doctor says standing up and pulling up my pant leg.
"I was on my house and a gunshot rang out. It was obviously accidental, but the horse got spooked, bucked, and I went flying landing on this leg. Thankfully it wasn't my back." I explain, as he touches my leg and examines it.
I wince and hiss in pain as he runs his fingers along the bone.
"Yes, just as you suspected, the bone is broken." The Doctor says, already pulling out a splint.
John shoots me an "I told you so" look.
I just roll my eyes in exasperation and wince when the doctor pulls the gauze tight.
Once the doctor was finished with me, I was released into John's care with crutches and my splint.
We then went and finished our shopping for necessities.
We picked up some food, more blankets, long John's, and finally some nice brandy.
John has decided that we should have a big of a date night since I was feeling down about not being able to ride on my own for a while.
I put all of our supplies on the back of my horse and secured her. Once that was finished I hobbled over to the blanket John had laid down.
I plopped down and leaned against John who was, in turn, leaning against a tree.
"I hate to say it, but thank you for dragging me into the doctor's office." I say in a mock, exasperated tone.
"I was just worried for you. I was just a bit worried that you would make it worse that it had to be."
I nodded and yawned. John smiled at me and fed me a piece of the apple he had bought. I savored the flavor and kisses his cheek.
"Thank you for this darling." I said in my sleepy voice.
He chuckles at my voice and feeds me another piece of apple.
"Hey, do you happen to know what day it is John?"
He shakes his head then turns around and yells at the boys.
"Hey! What day is it?"
"February 14th!"
Someone shouts back from the crowd.
"Thank you!" I yell back for John.
"Ooo! The 14th John. You know what day that is!"
He chuckles and hods.
"Yes darling. And In that case, give your boyfriend a kiss."
I oblige and kiss his cheek gently.
He hands me another piece of apple and gives his apple core to the horse who chomps on it happily.
I reposition and lay my head in John's lap. And he begins to pet my hair and hum some tune who's words are long forgotten by both of us.
Soon I'm drifting off to sleep in his lap but before I fall asleep I pull some of the blanket over me and curl up tight.
"Hey John?"
"Mmhm?"
"I love you sooo much!"
He chuckles, then leans down and kisses my head.
"I love you sooo much too (y/n). Happy St. Valentine's Day." He whispered.
Soon John is also sleeping against the tree he was leaning on.

___________________________
A/n: day #9! I do love a fluffy fic and I hope you guys do too! Anyway, I hope you enjoyed :)!