Dr. Hannibal Lector x ftm!reader

(Y/n's POV)
Hannibal and I had first  met when Will started to go off the deep end. I drove him almost two and a half hours from our shared house to Dr. Lector's office. I was  worried about his drastic change in behavior and wanted to take him to  see his "Therapist."  
Dr. Lector and I quickly became friends and after Will was taken to jail, we grew closer. Soon enough I was dating my brother's Therapist.  
I did feel bad but Hannibal convinced me that to stop worrying about Will and think about myself for once. That didn't really help to stomp out my worry for Will.  
"Hannibal? I'm really worried about Will. I can't stop thinking about him sitting that cell  all alone." I said, looking up at Hannibal from where my head was placed on his chest. 
"You shouldn't worry so much, it is not good for you." He replied as he began to rub my back to comfort me. 
"I know, but I just think this is a little cruel, blaming him for killing people that is." I sat up and bit my lip. 
"It's for his own good.  He is a tortured mind. He needs help and this is for the best." Hannibal responded sitting up and wrapping his arms around my waist. 
"I guess you're right. I  still feel horrible though," I pause and lean onto Hannibal's shoulder.  "What do you think he will say when we tell him we are together."  
"I would think he would be happy for us. Even a child would be able to spy the spark between  us." He says, a small smirk creeping onto his lips. "I have an idea. To  keep you occupied so that you don't worry, what do you say to take a  walk downtown?"
"But where would we go? It's 8:30, most things are closed."  
"You are so cynical,  darling. Why don't we go to the lake in Patterson Park? We can watch the  boats come in, then we can get ice cream."
"I never thought I'd her Dr. Hannibal Lector suggest getting any type of food from a restaurant."
"It's a rare offer so I suggest you accept it."
"Well then, by all means, of course. " Hannibal was right. I had been worrying about Will too much. I mean, blaming him for four murders was harsh, but he did need help that he wouldn't have gotten anyway. Plus, if they found out is was Hannibal, he would be put to death. Will can be rehabilitated and released with minimal interruption to his life.   
It had been a long day,  we went to visit Will in the hospital, just to say hello and ask him how he was doing. I was worried he was starting to suspect that Hannibal and I were together but today put those fears to rest. He seemed to have no clue.
When we got home I may have "Forgotten" to take my binder off before I got into my comfy clothes. It's fine though because we are getting dressed again so it would have been a waste to take it off and put it back on again. 
"Are you gonna wear the suit that makes your ass look good?" I asked, trying to lighten the mood and take my mind off of Will. 
"And which one would you be referring to?" He responded, a cheeky grin on his face.  
"Which shirt do you think I should wear? The blue one or the turquoise one?"
"Whichever one you feel most comfortable in I suppose."
"Then I guess the blue one," I say with no certainty in my voice whatsoever. "How do I look?"
"I don't know why you have to ask, you always look handsome."
"Thank you, darling." Once we put on our shoes, Hannibal grabbed his jacket and we were ready to walk out the door.
"Are you going to take a jacket (Y/n)?"
"Nah, it's not that cold, I'll be fine."
Hannibal shrugs knowing that he'll have to give me his jacket later. At this point, he was used to it.  
"Do you want to drive or should I?" I asked as I grabbed the car key and walked out the door. 
"No, I think I will drive, it will be more pleasant for you." He responded nonchalantly.  
"Thank you, dear."  
As I climb into the car, I wince a little, my binder digging into my sides,  
"Something wrong?" he asks glancing over at me. 
"Oh no, just trying to get comfortable." I lie.  
He glances at me again then starts the car.  
"Do you want to get the ice cream first?" He asks as we approach the downtown exit off the freeway. 
"Yeah, then we can walk over to the lake and look at the boats and stuff come in!"
"Then ice cream it is." 
We pull up and park next to a hole in the wall ice cream shop right across the street from the park.  
"What are you going to get Hannibal?" I question, taking his hand and walking into the store. 
"I think I'll have one scoop of vanilla."
"Is that all? You don't want any chocolate or anything?" i resp 
"I happen to really enjoy vanilla."
"Sorry, I'm mostly just surprised."
"I'll have one scoop of (Your choice) and a second scoop of (Your choice) please."
"Comming right up."
"Excuse me, sir, may I have your-"
I grab Hannibal's arm and pull him aside. "No! don't eat him, he seems really nice, and he's like only 17. It's his summer job! Eat one of the pompous people who  owns a yacht on the lake."
"(Y/n), I'll use him for veal or something. I need young meat for that, you should know."
"Just hear me out. Those yachters drink a lot, right?"
"Yeah?" 
"So take their liver and it'll already be soaked in alcohol, no preparation necessary. Plus  their heart will be nice and rich and fatty."
"Fine. I won't eat this kid."
"Thank you, Hannibal!" He smiles at me and rolls his eyes.
"Here you are, have a nice night." "Thank you!" I say to the kid then I link my arm with Hannibal's and we start the walk to the lake. "The city is beautiful tonight, especially since you're here," I say flirtatiously.  "And the night is so much brighter with you next to me." He responds cordially.  
When we reach the edge of the lake, we find a bench to sit down on and enjoy our ice cream. 
"The boats are just dazzling tonight," I say between licks of ice cream. "So are you." He added cheekily.
We both sit there and watch the boats come back into the harbor. The cool night wing giving me a chill. I knew I should have brought my jacket.  
Once we finish our ice cream I turned to face him better and put my hand on his face. I lean over and our lips meet gently, only for a moment. Then I pull back and look around making sure nobody saw us.  "(Y/n) you shouldn't be so cautious. If someone has a problem with us, they can deal it up with me." Then he cupped my face in his hands and kissed me a second time. My hands found their way to his hips and I smiled into the kiss. Once we pull apart I look back at the lake a Hannibal puts his arm around my shoulders. I shiver again when a breeze comes up off the water and hit us.  
"You should have worn a jacket darling. Here." He says taking off his coat and putting it around my shoulders. "Thank you, Hannibal," I respond with a small smile on my face.  
I was starting to get sleepy, so in the interest of staying awake, I tried to stretch. That was a bad idea. I hissed in pain and put my hand over my ribs. 
"(Y/n), are you sure you are feeling alright?" Hannibal asked immediately, turning to look at me worriedly. "Yeah, everything is fi-" I started to say before I was cut off. "Don't lie to me (Y/n), I only want to help you." "Fine. I think I've had my binder on too long. It's a little uncomfortable now and then. Nothing to worry about."  
Hannibal doesn't respond but he lightly runs his fingers over my ribs. I flinch and pull away  from his hand, getting closer to his body.  
"Hannibal!" I scold. 
"I was merely checking that you weren't lying to me, and it appears that you were." He responds matter-of-factly.  
"Hannibal, I'm fine, just be gentile."
"We are going home (Y/n), it's not good for you to be in your binder this long."
"No. We are gonna go look at the boats and find a Yachter and get their business card, then we can go home." I retort. 
"Fine." He responds crisply. 
"Thank you, darling," I respond in a sweet voice, knowing that he can't be mad at me anymore.  
He sighs but then a smile forms on his face; giving in to me and letting go of his worry, for a moment.
I take Hannibal's hand and start walking toward the marina to look for a suitable victim .  
Once we get over there, we step onto a dock and spy two different targets. 
"Which one do you think? The guy in the 'sailor' uniform or the one in the sweater vest?" I whisper to Hannibal.  
"Sweater vest." He responds quietly. 
"Why?"
"Because he has the most to hide. He thinks this is what he has to wear to be taken seriously but it isn't what he wants. He's all bottled up and is  a heavy drinker."
"Who should start the conversation, you are me?" I ask once Hannibal chooses.  
"You."
"On it!"
I grab Hannibal's arm and try to act like we are looking at the boats as prospective buyers. 
"Oh, honey! this is the exact model of the boat I was telling you about! This is the one I think  we should get!" I say loud enough to get the target's attention. 
"Oh, you like this beauty? Well, I can tell you that she has served us well for over five years this summer." the man says, patting the side of his boat. 
"Yes sir. She is a beautiful Yacht." I add, holding my hand out to shake. 
"I do apologize, my name is Nick Belmonte." He responds, taking my hand. 
"The Nick Belmonte of Belmonte accounting firm?" I question, surprised I knew who he was. 
"Oh no, that's my father. I'm sorry, I didn't catch your name."  
"I'm (Y/n) (y/l/n) and this is my partner Dr. Hannibal Lector."
"Pleasure to meet you, Nick," Hannibal interjects.   
"And you Dr. Lector." He says, then adds. "An M.D.?"
"Yes, and psychiatry as well."
"Impressive." He says awkwardly.  
"Well, your boat sure is beautiful Nick. You wouldn't mind if we got your business card, do you?  Our accountant just, retired, not too long ago. We have had so much  trouble finding a suitable replacement." I add politely trying to save the conversation. 
"Of course not! Here,  the top number is my office phone, but the bottom one is my personal phone. Feel free to call anytime between 8 a.m. and 9 p.m." He says,  smiling wide.  
"Thank you, Nick. We will be sure to call soon." I respond.  
"I look forward to hearing from you and helping you afford a beauty like this girl."
Once we are out of earshot I smile and elbow Hannibal playfully.  
"Well, that was easier than I expected. He sure is gullible." Hannibal nodded in response.  
"Time to go home and, get undressed," I say with a small smirk.  
"You don't think I'm that easily do you, darling?" Hannibal responds in mock offense.  
We finally reach the car and I slide into my seat next to Hannibal. I turn to look at him and smile lovingly.  
"Dr. Hannibal Lector, I love you."
"I love you too (Y/n)," he said smiling at the way I said 'I love you'.

___________________________
A/n: I hope you all enjoy this fic! It was written for @g3neralhugz! I hope I did Hannibal justice. :)