Chekov x Ensign ftm!reader

~Your POV~
I just finished bringing up the last of the boxes to my room. I places the box on the bed and sit down next to it completely exhausted. I just got a scholarship to Starfleet Academy, I'm one of the youngest recruits in history. They put me with the second youngest kid here, they figured we would "hit it off" I suppose. His name is "Palev Chekov" and he is also training to be an Ensign just like I am. He is sixteen as am I and I'm kind of excited to meet him, it'll be nice to finally find someone who understands what I'm saying when I talk about "gravity and all that shit" as they put it. I stand up and start unpacking not being able to look at all the boxes making the room look messy.
~Chekovs's POV~
I shut the text book and I'm so happy to be done with my homework for the week. I place the book on the check out counter and smile at the librarian.
"Done with your homework Chekov?"
"Yes ma'am I am!"
"Do you want me to put it away for you?"
"Only if it's no trouble."
"Oh it's no trouble at all!"
"Thank you so much ma'am." I say as I'm walking out of the library on the way back to my dorm. I start thinking out a paper I have to write that's due next week but decided to write it tomorrow because I've already done enough for today. I get to the door of my dorm building and remember that I'm getting a new roommate today, my old one graduated last semester and apparently the dean of the school thought it would be a good idea to move in the newest scholarship student, he's around my age so I didn't mind. It might be nice to be able to connect with someone my age. I finally arrive at the door and open it with my card.
~Your POV~
I jump at the sudden sound of the door opening, I turn around to see who it is and holy shit. I hope this is my new roommate because he is adorable to say the least.
"Hi I'm Palev Chekov!"
"Hell yes" I whisper.
"What?"
"Nothing sorry, my name is (Y/n) (Y/l/n)."
"Nice to meet you! You have a very lovely name!"
"Oh thank you very much!"
"Would you like me to help with that?"
"With what? Oh right yeah, please" I say as I try and laugh it off. Oh my gosh I love his accent, is so cute!
Two weeks later I am all unpacked and have been trying to flirt with Chekov. I call him by his last name because everybody else does, and he calls me by mine so "turn around is fair play" as they would say. Currently Chekov is in the shower right now and I'm waiting my turn. I hear the door open and just happen to glance up. He is drying off his mop of curly brown hair in a towel and hot damn, he's so cute without a shirt on.
"Can I help you?" He asks.
"Why do you ask?"
"Because your kind of staring at me and it's a little weird."
"Oh my gosh, I didn't mean to, I'm sorry!" I stammer as I look back to the book I was reading.
"No it's okay, I thought it was cute."
I think to myself 'Oh my gosh! He said what I did was cute!!'
~Chekov's POV~
He was staring at my chest, and I'm kind of proud of myself because well, he is cute and I wouldn't mind dating him; so any little bit helps. I watch him put his book down, get up, and walk into the shower. About forty-five minutes later he also walks out of the shower, his towel around his hips and he's drying off his hair.
"Hey can I ask you a question?"
"Yeah, sure, shoot." He says and he opens his eyes and puts the towel around his neck.
"What are those scars on your chest from?"
He looks down as if he's remembering that they are even there.
"Well they're surgery scars."
"From what?" I ask.
He bites his lip then replies. "From a mastectomy I got before I came to the academy. I'm transgender and so part of transitioning for me was getting top surgery."
"Oh okay, cool." I say as I turn around and continue doing my homework.
~Your POV~
I stare at his back, wow he took that surprisingly well. I walk to my bed and pick up my cloths and go back into the bathroom to get dressed. I get dressed then hang up the towels and walk back outside. I lay back on the bed and continue reading my book.
"Ughhhh!"
"What's wrong?" Chekov asks.
"I need to get out of this stupid room." I get up and go to put on my shoes and as I'm putting them on Chekov says,
"Do you want to go and see a movie?"
I look back at him, "wait, as in a date?"
"Umm, yeah actually,
"Well that's bold of you."
"Go big or go home as they say."
I stand up after putting my shoes on, turn around, and lean back on the wall.
"In that case, yes Chekov, I would love to go on a date with you."
"Really? I didn't think that would actually work."
"Well hurry up the next screening of Bohemian Rhapsody is in 45 minutes."
He closes his book and rushes over to me and starts putting on his shoes. He finishes, stands up and opens the door for me. He motions for me to walk out the door, I do and he locks the door behind us.
"Wait, I think I forgot my wallet."
He opens the door for me again, then checks his pockets.
"Oh, I forgot mine to!" He follows me in and grabs his wallet, I get mine as well and again we are out the door and he locks it again. I grab his hand and look over at him. I smile at him and he smiles back.
After the movie we both walk out and it's dark outside.
"Would you like to take a little walk through the park?" I ask.
"Yeah, I would love that!"
We both walk to the park a block or so away. My hand works itself into his and we walk close together, apparently I had forgotten my jacket at home, I remembered my wallet though. Why must my life be such a cliché. I shiver a little and Chekov takes off his jacket putting it around my shoulders. I smile at him then we find a bench and I sit down.
"Thank you for the jacket."
"Of course! No worries."
I look into his ocean blue eyes and my lips part, slowly I let my hand wander up to the nape of his neck, he doesn't seem to care and is staring at me just as I am at him. Deliberately I leaned forward and closes my eyes turning my head to the side kissing him softly. Chekov rested one of his hands on my hip and the other in my hair. The kiss lasted longer then I expected but when I pulled away I was panting quietly, he smiled at me and was panting as well, he fixes my hair as he pulled his hand out, then pulled his other hand off of my hip. He nervously ran his hand through his hair.
"Was the kiss okay? I'm not very good at them as far as I know."
"It was amazing Chekov, your lips are very soft."
"Thank you." He laughs nervously.
"I feel like this means that we are going to go on more dates if I'm not mistaken?" He asks.
"Oh, most definitely!" I reply.

___________________________
A/n
Here is the first one-shot of the month! And thank you to @Wstd02 for suggesting this idea!