Second day of Christmas (Dr.McCoy)

(a/n: I hope you enjoy!)
(Y/n POV)
I was stretched out on the bed under the covers. I had just opened my eyes and yawned. I curled up tighter, clutching the blanket closer to me. Then just as I got settled I felt an arm pull me back and soft lips on my neck.
"Good morning Love," Leonard said.
I crumbled and curled up tighter. Leonard props himself up on his elbow and looked down at me.
"Well, it looks like I'll have to call Jim and tell him we aren't coming to the Christmas party."
I roll onto my back and look up at my husband.
"Oy! Why do you always have to threaten me like that?!"
"How?"
"With disappointing other people!"
"Because it works!"
"Meanie" I mumble.
"What was that?" He asked, his lips curling into a smile.
"MEANIE."
"Okay, okay. Calm down."
I sigh as I sit up and swing my legs over the edge of the bed. I sit there for a moment and rub the sleep out of my eyes. Then I feel two arms hug my torso and I lean back into his chest.
"Why are you so lovey this morning?" I asked closing my eyes.
"Do I have to have an excuse to be lovey with my husband?"
"No, but I like it. We should do this more often. If only you weren't the head doctor."
I hear him sigh a little but his arms around me tighten ever so slightly. I tilt my head up and kiss his chin. Once I wriggle out of his arms I stand up and go over to our closet.
"Where is my casual uniform love?"
"On the floor." Oh, I can hear the smugness dripping from his words.
I walk over and drop it I to the laundry basket. Then I continue rummaging through the closet and I finally find my spare leisure uniform. I grab a new pair of boxers and slip into the shower. I can feel Bones' eyes burning holes in my back.
"Get your clothes ready."
"I will. Bossy."
"Oy!"

After I finish showering, I dry off and get dressed. I shape my still damp hair and leave out the towels for Leonard.
"Your turn love."
"Your tea is on the table."
"You are a life saver."
He walks by and kisses my head. I sit down at the table and savor the steaming tea. I pick up my book and flip to the page that my bookmark was holding. When Leonard stepped out of the door, I was pulled out of my lazy reading. I placed the book with its pages face down on the table.

(McCoy's POV)
I had gotten dressed and was drying off my hair after I stepped out of the shower. I swept my hair back with my fingers and hung the towel up next to the door. When I  stepped over the threshold, (y/n) put his book down and took a sip of his tea. Then he put the bookmark back in his book and placed it on the night table where it always is. I sit down as he stands up and goes over to the door. There are four presents. He picks two up and walks back over to the tea. This time he sits so that he is facing me and places one gift in front of me and the other next to him.
"You want to open them now?"
"yeah!"
"Why don't you wait until after the party?"
"why?"
"I just think it will be more intimate you know?"
"yeah, I guess." he stands up leaving them on the table. He looks around for his shoes.
"door."
"Thank you."
He slips them on then picks up one of the other presents and waits for me.
We were doing a secret Santa in the group. (y/n) had gotten Spock, and I had gotten Scotty.
I slipped on my boots and grabbed the other present then walked out of the door. He followed me and grabbed my hand as we walked down the corridor to the mess hall.
When we arrived, he opened the door for me like a true gentleman. I entered, then, again, he followed. We spotted the group quickly and placed our gifts on the small pile of other presents. Then we walked off to mingle with the other guests. I talked with Jim and (y/n) talked with Chekhov.
About an hour later, Jim called everyone's attention to the table and gave a small speech. When he finished he started handing out presents.
Once they were all distributed we were told to say our goodbyes then open the packages at our quarters.
After about the hour's worth of goodbyes, we finally got out of the mess hall and back to our room. This time I opened the door for him then followed him inside.

(y/n's POV)
I went into the room and sat down at the table.
"May we open presents now your majesty?" I asked Bones jokingly.
He rolled his eyes and sat down at the table with me. We both open our secret Santa presents at the same time.
I got a new book on plants native to Vulcan and it was from Sulu. I was really excited to read it right now.  Leonard also got a true crime novel about a kidnapping from Jim. Then I looked at him and smiled as I pulled his present closer to me and watched as he did the same.
"who should go first?"
"You." He says to me.
"Are you sure?"
"Yes."
I slowly peel back the wrapping paper and inside is a small easel, watercolor sketchbook, and a set of watercolors. I look up at him and smile so wide. I was so happy, I hadn't been able to find any art supplies at any trading posts for months.
"Where did you get these?"
"A magician never reveals his secrets." I roll my eyes then look at his waiting for him to open the box.
Once he untied the ribbon, he lifted up the lid and his eyes lit up.
"Is this brandy?"
"Yeah, genuine brandy from Earth!"
"You are amazing darling. I haven't had this in at least twenty years."
I smile then stand up and hug him.
"Merry Christmas! I love you."
"I love you too, and merry Christmas."

___________________________
A/n: I hope you guys like this second day of Christmas fic! Enjoy :)!