First day of Christmas (Sherlock)

(Not proofread yet! Sorry!!)

(Y/n POV)
I was so excited to meet Sherlock's family! I asked to meet them for Christmas and he finally gave in. I'm just not sure why he was so hesitant at first. Maybe I should ask him why he was so hesitant? I think I will!
"SHERLOCK"
"Hush, what do you want? I'm right next to you!"
"Oh, right. Well, I was wondering why you never wanted me to meet your family before now?"
"Why?"
"I'm writing a letter to my cousins and I wanted to know why."
"It is because I have a bit of a crazy family, and I wanted to make sure you could handle them."
"Aww, that's so sweet Sherlock!"
I went back to writing my cousins and cuddled closer to Sherlock.

(Sherlock's POV)
I was sitting next to (y/n) when he yelled my name and asked me if I had any reason for not bringing home to meet my family any sooner. Well, what I told him was partially true. I do have a crazy family and I wanted to make sure he was capable of handling them but; there are also a few more reasons. The first is that I never really came out to my family, I just always figured they knew, but now I am worried. Second, this will be the first person I have brought home to mummy and daddy that is a real love interest. He is also the first person I've ever brought home in general. That is why I'm extremely nervous. I was pulled out of my mind palace by (y/n).
"Mi Amor?"
He always calls me 'mi Amor.'
"Yes?"
"Do you think we should get going about now?"
"Yes, and with traffic, we will be right on time."
"That good!"
He got up to go get the pie he had made for dinner that night.
"(Y/n)?"
"Sí mi Amor?" He turned around to look at me.
I stood up and walked over and put on my coat.
"My parents don't know that I am gay."
Then I walked out the door and out to the sidewalk. My cheeks pink from embarrassment and the cold. A few minutes later I hear the door open and close. I turn and (y/n) shoves the pie into me. I grab hold and he takes the scarf off of the top of it and puts it around my neck for me.
"Well, if they don't know, I don't have to go. Especially if you think something might happen to you."
"No, something won't happen to me. I'm just worried about what they might think."
He finishes messing with my scarf and his face softens when I tell him that.

(Y/n's POV)
When Sherlock told me he was worried I stood up on my tiptoes and pecked him on the lips. He hardly ever shares his emotions so I try to show him it's okay to show them.
"Mi Amor, if they really love you then they won't care and will treat you the same!"
The corner of his lip curls up into a small smile then he looks at the street. He hands me the pie back and hails a taxi. He opens the door for me when the taxi stops and I slide in. He sits next to me and he tells the driver where to go. I lay the pie on my lap and take his cold hand in mine. The corner of his mouth twitches again and he looks over at me. His blue eyes soften and he gives the faintest smile.
After some small talk in the taxi, we pull up to his parent's house. He gets out and I follow.
"Did you at least tell your parents that I was coming?"
"Yes."
"Really?"
"I texted Mycroft to tell my parents."
"Okay so no, but thats alright."
I prop the pie up against my stomach and forearm. I grab his hand and pull him to the door.
"Knock."
He knocks softly.
"Louder Mi Amor."
He glances at me and knocks normally. We hear some sounds in the house then finally someone says "come in!"
He opens the door and we walk in together.
"Just one minute Sherlock. I have to dry my hands off. Take off your shoes!" I take off my shoes with some difficulty and as I am doing so I hear some footsteps, they abruptly stop once they enter the room. I look up to see a nicely dressed blond woman in the doorway. She has a confused smile and looks between me and Sherlock.
I stand up straight and walk toward her with my hand out.
"Hello, Mrs. Holmes. My name is (y/n) and I know you are probably fairly confused. I told Sherlock to tell you he was bringing me but all he did was text Mycroft. He can be so stubborn sometimes."
"Umm, yes, forgive me, but I don't believe we have met." I put my hand down.
"Right! I apologize, as I said I'm (y/n) I'm," I pause and look to Sherlock who looks the most nervous I have ever seen him. His hands are both in his pockets and he hasn't even taken off his shoes. "your son's boyfriend." I say turning back around to look at her. She moves her eyes off of me then onto Sherlock. He is still just standing there. They are having some kind of silent conversation that I could never decipher.
"Oh Sherlock," She says softly, "why did you never tell us?"
Her look of confusion fades and she hugs him.
"What is taking so long dear?" I hear as a man walks into the room and looks at me and frowns.
"Who are you?" He asks looking me up and down.
"Honey! Don't be so rude! This is Sherlock's boyfriend." He looks over at his wife and I put my hand out again and he takes it.
"Hello, I am Sherlock's boyfriend, my name is (y/n). A pleasure to meet you, Mr. Holmes."
He nods at me then walks over to Sherlock and hugs him too.
"Oh, um. Where would you like me to put this?" I ask trying to give Sherlock and his dad some time alone.
"Oh! Right! Here, in the kitchen." Mrs. Holmes leads me to the kitchen picking up on my idea.  I set the pie down and turn to see Mycroft sitting in a chair at the table.
We have only met once before so I hold out my hand for him to shake too. He stands up and nods to me.
"(Y/n)."
"Mycroft."
I put my hand down and try to stand up straighter. He smiles slightly and says quietly.
"Welcome to the family." I look at him taken aback then smile.
"Do you really think so?"
He nods then sits back down and goes back to arguing with Mrs. Holmes.

A few hours later the family is in the sitting room. Sherlock and I are next to each other on the couch. Mr. and Mrs. Holmes are sitting next to each other in two chairs and Mycroft is in the third chair between the both of us. We had already eaten dinner and were now talking and laughing. There was a lull in the conversation and Sherlock and Mycroft excised themselves to go have a smoke outside. I threw away all of Sherlock's cigarettes but I knew Mycroft would give him one. They talked for quite a while and I talked with Mr. Holmes. We got along quite well. We both weren't the smart ones in the family, but we got along.
Mrs. Holmes finally came back and asked where the boys were. We both said outside. She opened the door and yelled at them for smoking. Mycroft came in but Sherlock was still outside. I excused myself and went outside to talk to Sherlock.
"Hey, how are you?"
"Fine."
I hugged his arm and laid my head on it.
"I think they like me some."
"Even Mycroft doesn't mind you."
"Hey."
"It's a good thing."
I stand up on my toes again and kiss his cheek. Sherlock drops his cigarette and stamps it out. Then he picks it up and takes my hand. We both walk back into the house together.

___________________________
A/n: hello everyone! This is my first of the 12 days of Christmas fics! I hope you liked reading this one, and all the rest of them too!! Enjoy :)!