Joker x Ftm!reader

A/n: I am sorry if this is shitty, I am not too familiar with joker but I am excited to try writing the character. (Not proofread) This was written for @thatnerdaj and I hope you enjoy it!

(Y/n's POV)
My hand was on the gun in my holster as I walked into the abandoned factory. The midnight blue outfit hugging my body nicely. Not enough to show my curves but enough to show that I work out sometimes. The mask I had on was a bit of a hindrance but it hid my identity and finished off the outfit, so hey, can you blame me?
Anyway, as the sounds of my feet broke the silence, I say a figure move just in reach of my peripheral vision. I turn my head and see my loving boyfriend Joker.
"Babe," I call and he steps out of the shadows. "Why did you call me here like this?"
"Because I wanted to surprise you!" He cried.
He walked over to a stack of crates, chose one, opened it, and pulled out a blanket. He later it in the floor as I relaxed and walked over to him.
"What is all this for?" I ask tilting my head and putting my arm around his waist protectively.
"Well, you just seemed a little jumpy lately—jumpier than when the cops are around that is— and I wanted you to relax!"
A smile crept across my face and I leaned in and kissed his cheek.
"You know, for a villain, you really aren't too scary!"
He laughs, "Hey, don't go around telling Batman that!"
"Well, considering that he would kill me if he saw me, I doubt that will happen."
"Well sit down! Why are you doing all this standing around for?"
"Just waiting for my host to sit."
He pulls one more thing out of the crate then sits in the middle of the blanket.
Once I sit down next to him I lean against his arm and start to chew my lip a bit.
He pulls out a knife and takes the bottle of Champaign, which is what he removed from the crate and pops it open.
I smile when he looks at me but I can tell, that he knows something is off.
He puts his knife away and the bottle and glasses to the side.
"(Y/n)? What is wrong? Did I do something to upset you, again?"
I roll my eyes and push him playfully but then return to my previous jumpy state.
"No, you didn't do anything to upset me, it's just that I have to tell you something."
He turns to fully face me with a look of worry replacing his usual smile.
"What is it darling?"
I look down and keep folding and unfolding my hands trying to find the right words. Then he placed one of his hands on mine, and with the other, he lifts up my chin. I look deeply into his eyes and the side of his mouth curls into a smile. I can't help but smile back at him and I take a deep breath.
"Well, I know we have been taking it slow, and I am so grateful that you were so willing to do that..."
"No problem darling."
"... but I want to tell you something before we take this any farther." I clear my throat and close my eyes. "I am transgender."
There is silence but then I feel lips press against home gently. I tilt my head and kiss them back. When I open my eyes Joker is smiling at me. His eyebrows are knitted and his eyes caring.
"Darling, is that all you have to say?"
I look at him in confusion.
"Yes, I, I thought you would react differently, I was so afraid..."
I trail off into a mumbling mess before I hear some chuckling, then laughter from next to me.
"What, what are you laughing at?"
"Well, you, of course, my darling."
I scoff at him then pull away and turn my head.
"No love, what I mean is, that doesn't matter to me. I love you and no matter what parts and such you do or don't have, I don't care! I fell in love with you, your personality, your wit, your humor, and your body, oh God your gorgeous body."
I look back at him with a small smile on my face. Then I start to tear up and I bury my face into his chest and start to ball like a baby.
"Hey darling, shhh, shhh, it's okay."
Once I finish getting that out of my system, I pull back and dry my eyes. He reaches behind him and pours us both a glass of Champaign.
"Well on the bright side, we now have something to celebrate!"
I nod still a little shaken from crying so much. He hands me a glass and goes to make a toast. I watch him with curiosity.
"To (y/n), my beautiful boyfriend who trusts me enough to tell me something so personal. I hope that you will continue to trust me and love me for the rest of our lives. I just want to show you that I'm not as bad of a guy as everyone thinks I am."
I hug him close to me and smile.
"Oh Joker darling, I love you more than anyone could ever dream of and believe me when I say, I would trust you with my life."
He wraps his arm around me as I let go and hold up our glasses. We clink them together to signify the end of our toasts and sit in silence as we watch the moon and stars move across the sky through the factory windows.
After a few hours, I fall asleep in Joker's lap. No more words needed to be said, my actions told him everything he needed to know. I trusted him, and he, in turn, trusted me.
Joker sat there with me in his lap for a few more hours before he had to wake me up to take me home.

___________________________
A/n: I apologize if this is not what you wanted but I hope you like it! As I said earlier, I have never really written with Joker before so I hope this is alright.
Anyway, I hope you enjoy.
P.s. this was fic #1 for my Valentine's Month collection. I hope you enjoy! (Request here or on any of my other chapters of you would like!)