New Year Eve (Scotty)

(a/n: not proof read but the others finally are! I hope you like this one because i feel like there aren't enough Scotty fanfics out there. Anyway. Enjoy:)!)

(Y/n's POV)
I was talking to the captain in his quarters. He Invited me over because he owed me dinner for a bet I won. We bet on weather Bones would get together with the girl I set him up with, and guess what, he did. I am the master at finding people partners. I got him and Spock together. Chekov and his boyfriend. Sulu and his boyfriend. Like I said, Bones and his girlfriend. But the only person I couldn't find anyone for was Scotty. I set him up on plenty of dates but they never ended well, boys or girls.
"Anyway," Kirk says swirling his drink in his hand and pulling Spock closer to him on the couch. I was sitting across from them also holding my drink leaning back in a chair. "Why can't you seem to find yourself anyone (y/n)?"
I shrug and take a sip from my glass.
"I don't really have any Interest in anyone right now."
"(Y/n) that is a lie. The way you look at Commander Scott makes It evident that you have interest in him." Spock says in is usual matter-of-fact voice.
I shoot Spock a glare and Kirk smiles taking his arm off of Spock and leaning forward. He puts his drink down and then his arms on his knees looking at me.
"So, why have you never asked out our Scottish friend? Are you nervous to?"
I sigh and slide my hand over my face.
"I thought we came here for dinner Jim, not an interrogation."
"We did, we did, I was just asking you."
He says leaning back again and giving me a playful smirk.
"Well, if you must know," I say shifting in my seat to get comfortable. "I am nervous to ask him out. There has to be someone out there for him and I can't find them."
"What if it is you?" Spock asks.
"It can't be, it has to be someone else."
"Why can't it be you?" Jim asks.
"Because he just doesn't like me. We are friends, have been forever. Plus I don't think he likes me either."
"I would beg to differ. He looks at you the way you look at him. Only he does it when you are not looking." Spock puts in.
"Really?" I ask looking skeptical.
Jim nods and so does Spock.
"I'll ask him out to the party tomorrow. For New Year's, and maybe we can kiss at midnight."
I blush as I realize they are still sitting there. I look over at the clock on the wall.
"Well I better get going if I am going to catch him before his shift ends."
I down the rest of the drink and put it in the sink.
"Thank you both so much for dinner and I must have you over to my place soon as well."
I hug them both and as I turn to leave Kirk says:
"Hopefully Scotty will be there too." I turn around to him and roll my eyes as I leave their room.

When I get down to the engineering room Scotty is just leaving an updating the person taking over his shift. I wait in the door way as I usually do when I come say hello to Scotty. Sometimes I walk with him to his room and we talk. Our rooms are very close so I don't mind.
He sees me and smiles. He finished talking the lady then walks over to me. I open the door for him and fall into step next to him as he walks.
"How was work?" I ask him as usual.
"Good, there wasn't much  to do so it was fairly easy. How about you?"
"Same, nothing new to experiment on so it was mostly just recording data."
"Sounds exciting." He says sarcastically.
"Oh very." I reply.
A science falls over us for a moment until I break it.
"Bones got together with Janet."
"So you won that bet with The Captain?" I nod.
"You seem to be the only one I can't find anyone for!" I say jokingly.
"Well, you can't find anyone for yourself either."
"I suppose so, but I have my sights set on someone." I say distractedly.
I knew he was about to ask who but I tried to cut him off.
"So, are you going to the New Years Eve party tomorrow night?"
He shrugs.
"I was thinking about it but I haven't decided."
"You totally should!" I say excitedly as we arrive at the door.
"And why is that?"
"Because it will be fun and plus I want to have someone to talk to. I've paired nearly everyone on the ship up with a date except you and me so I don't want to be lonely. I also don't want you to be lonely on such a fun night!"
He smiles at me and rolls his eyes a little the nods.
"Fine, I'll go to the part with you tomorrow night."
"Yay! Your a lifesaver Scotty!"
I hug him the  say goodnight and walk off to my room.
Once I get I to my room I start dancing and jumping around excitedly.
"I can finally tell him that he's the one I like tomorrow!"
When I finish I get dressed for bed but can't fall asleep for a while because I'm so excited, and to be honest, anxious.

~~~~~~~~~~the next day!~~~~~~~~
I wake up and stretch. I pull on my cloths and walk to the lab. I high-five Kirk as he walks past me but then he quickly turns around and comes up next to me.
"Sooo?"
"So what Kirk?"
"Did you ask Scotty?"
"Shh! And I asked him to go to the party with me."
"Like as a date or as a friend?"
"Friend."
"No! You were supposed to ask him out."
"I'll do it at the party."
"You better!" He calls after me as I walk into my lab.

~~~~~~~~a few hours later~~~~~~~
I am in my room pulling off my formal uniform and putting on my casual uniform to go pick up Scotty in.
After I get all dressed I spend so much time on my hair getting it perfect, and adjusting my shirt as to best make sure my binder was hidden.
My close friends knew, Scotty knew, I still was self-conscience about it anyway.
I finally finished up and left my room to go pick up Scotty.
I knocked on the door and he told me to come in. He wasn't quite ready yet but I didn't care. I went and sat down in my favorite chair with my legs over the arm and my back against the other.
He walked out and smiled at me as he looked over in my direction. He knew where I would be.
I stood up and linked arms with him. We walked to the mess hall where the party was being held.
As soon as we walked in I make eye contact with Jim and he smirks at me. I flip him off and he sticks his tongue out at me.

The evening goes well as we drink a bit and eat snacks. We chat and laugh. We talk with other people a bit but always come back to each other.
It was now about five minutes until the ball drops and everyone gets excited and start to splinter off I ti their intimate groups of friends. Me and Scotty keep talking until the countdown begins.
"10"
We smile at each other then look away awkwardly and take a drink from our beverages.
"9"
We still don't make eye contact.
"8"
we smile at each other again.
"7"
I put my drink then take his from his hand.
"6"
I put his down next to mine and he looks at me confused.
"5"
I join in with the countdown and so does he.
"4"
I take his hands he his cheeks turn red and he glances off then back to me.
"3"
I get closer to him and don't stop looking at him.
"2"
"What are you doing?" He asks nervously.
"You will see."
"1"
I lean up and kiss him gently and he kisses back.
Everyone starts cheering and kissing each other.
He lets go of my hand and pulls me back Into another kiss.
"Oh Scotty. Do you mean it?"
He nods and pulls me into a hug.
"Would you like to go out for an official date?" He whispers in my ear so that I can hear him over the crowd.
I smile and nod at him.
"I would love that." I whisper back.

Once we stumble out of the party and say good night to Spock and Kirk. Kirk gives me a knowing smile and I sigh knowing he was right.
Once we get back to Scotty's room he insists on walking me back to mine. I agree and when we get there I lean up against the wall next to my door.
"So, are you sure about that date?"
I smile and nod taking his hand.
"Very sure. And hey, I'm glad you kissed me back. I don't know what I would have done if you didn't."
He chuckles and leans in kissing me again.
"I'm glad I kissed back then."
I hug him and he hugs me back.
"Good night (y/n)."
"Good night Scotty."

___________________________
A/n: I love Scotty and I think he is a severely underrated character. I hope you enjoyed reading it as much as I enjoyed writing it! :)