Lassiter x Ftm!reader

A/n: Not Proofread. Strong language warning and a bit of a risqué part at the end. Good luck and I hope you enjoy! :)

(Lassiter's POV)
I was pacing back and forth across the street. I was dressed in my bullet proof vest and The Chief, Shawn, and Juliet were talking and trying to plan out where to go from here.
"Lassiter, you have to calm down. Everything will be okay." Juliet says coming over and putting her hand on my shoulder.
"But (y/n) is in there. He went in there, how stupid can he be." I say frantically to her.
Juliet sighs and runs her hand over her hair.
I know I frustrated her but I was just worried. (Y/n) had gone into the bank after we talked down the shooter. He wanted to get out the children, and he did, but then the shooter didn't allow (y/n) to leave. He didn't even have a bullet proof vest on. All I could hope for was that (y/n) was trying to help us from the inside.

(Y/n's POV)
I was sitting in the floor of the bank, separate from the other adults held in the bank. The robber was paying special attention to me, almost as if I was a trophy to him.
"What do you want with them?" I asked him quietly, trying to push the fear out of my voice.
"Well, If I didn't have them, they would come on in here and get me wouldn't they. That's because you aren't a civilian, they care a bit less for you then them. But if I sent you back out there, you would be able to give them first hand information that could help them. Once your men give me my money, and allow me to go free, then I'll let your sorry. Little. Ass. Go." He finished, only about an inch from my face. I didn't flinch and sat there, silently staring him down.

(Lassiter's POV)
The Chief has finally gotten the floor plan of the bank. We were deciding how to get into the bank, but I couldn't think straight. The Chief could tell and she pulled me aside to talk to her.
"Carlton, I don't think it will be a good idea to have you come in with us, especially since you are so focused on (y/n). You are going to stay out here and help triage the civilians." She said.
"Cheif Vic, I need to be in there, I can help-" I started to say before the Chief cut me off.
"No Carlton, you will stay out here, that's an order." She states firmly, then walked off to the staging area.
I resumed my pacing and waiting.

(Y/n's POV)
I was starting to feel the pressure in the room beginning to suffocate me. Their scared faces were wearing on me, and I couldn't even do anything. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. Then I heard the footsteps of the robber. I slowly opened my eyes and watched him walk up to me, grimace, then walk right past me into the hall way leading to the Banker's office. He said nothing, and just walked in and closed the door. I looked to the people and stood up. Pulling off my shoes and running over to them.
"Everyone, take off your shoes and stand up quietly." They all had huge doe eyes and did as I told them. Then I ran to the door. I opened it and ushered out the hostages. All 20 of them poured out into the street. I looked up and saw Lassiter, he was guiding people to the places they needed to go, then he looked up and saw me. I could see the pain in his eyes, then there was fear. Suddenly I felt the barrel of a gun touch my back.
"Look who wasn't quick enough." He said, then I could feel his hot breath on my ear. "The little rat got his tail stuck in the door. Get the fuck back in here."
I did as I was told and walked back into the building.

(Lassiter's POV)
I helped move the hostages to where they needed to go, then I glanced up to see (y/n) standing in the door way. I have no idea what he was frozen there, and I was just about to go to him, when I saw the shooter walk up behind him. (Y/n). I saw the man lean in, say something to him, then the two of them walked back into the building.
(Y/n), you fool, you were so close to getting free, why?

(Y/n's POV)
As I was walked into the office, at the back of the bank, he grabbed my shoulder and pulled me against him.
"You are such a pretty boy, too bad you had to be a narc!" He pushed me to the ground and placed his gun against my head. Then suddenly the door behind us gets kicked in and the man is pulled away from me and onto the ground by Lassiter. He is followed by a very angry Juliet, who then takes over the handcuffing before Lassiter can do anything stupid. When he stand up, he had to refrain him self from hurting him. Then he turns to me. I am shaking and can he needs to help me stand.

(Lassiter's POV)
I look down at the man that Juliet had taken up handcuffing for me. Then I walk toward him. He was shaking so bad. I help him up and embrace him tightly. He buried his head into my neck. We pull apart after a minute and he smashed our lips together. Then when we come up for air, I see the tears drip down his cheeks.
"I thought I lost you. I just had to run in and get you." I said quietly.
"I'm glad you did. I didn't know what he was going to do to me." He whispers, in his cracked voice.
"Let's get you out of here." I said.
We walked out, of the room and to the glass doors. We were met with the disapproving look of Cheif Vic.
"We will talk about this tomorrow Carlton." She said looking very disappointed. "Now take (y/n) home okay?" She said softening her look at him.
I listened to her and loaded him up in the car and drove us home.
Once home, we went I side, got dressed into our comfy cloths, and we climbed into bed. We hardly said anything, but our silence said everything.
"I, I love you so much Lassie." He said to me, curling into my chest.
"I love you too (y/n). I don't know what I would do without you." I whispered, holding him close and protecting him. "Sleep well, as well as you can."

___________________________
A/n: whew! That was a fic and a half. (Day #18) That could have also gone very differently, but I wanted a happy ending. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed reading because I know I enjoyed writing.