Freddie Mercury x Hard of hearing!male!reader

A/n: Not Proofread.

(Y/n's POV)
Roger Taylor and I had been best friends for years. I have come to many of his practices with his band 'Queen.'
The only thing is, I am hard of hearing, nearly deaf. I specifically have Sensorineural hearing loss. It was caused by an incident when I was a child. I fell from a tree when I was small, hit my head, and the rest is history.
I had slowly fallen in love with their lead singer Freddie. He was kind to me, and patient when I talked with him. He talked slower for me so I could read his lips, something I had gotten very good at.
I just wish I could hear their singing better. I can feel the beat of their music, and some of the louder sounds, though they are somewhat muffled. I can also speak some. Since I could hear when I was a child, I learned how to speak, though my vocabulary was fairly small. I could be taught how to say things using the words I already knew.
Doctors said that hearing aids could help me hear, possibly even give me a full range of hearing, but my family was never able to afford the aids.
I didn't mind too much. Obviously I miss hearing music, birds, and my friend's voices, but I have learned to live with it.

Currently I was watching the boys practice. I loved watching them practice, especially Freddie. He puts so much of himself into each song, it is just beautiful to watch.
They finish and Rodger looks over at me and I start clapping.
"It was amazing!" I exclaim from the couch I was placed on.
Freddie looks over at me and smiles his cute little smile.
I nearly melted right then and there. I smiled back at him, standing up and walking over to them. They were packing up and I wanted to make sure that they would make it to my birthday tonight.
I walked up to Rodger and slung my arm around his shoulders and smiled at him.
"So, are you all coming to my party tonight?" I ask looking at the four of them.
Rodger nodded, though I knew he would come even if the world was going to end.
John nodded and said 'yes.'
"9:30 right?" He asked.
I nodded.
"Yep, 9:30 sharp!"
Brian was facing away from me, so Rodger mouthed "Bri is coming." To me.
"Cool!" I said, then finally turned to Freddie.
He took my hand, kissed the top then smiled.
"I wouldn't miss it for anything, Love." He said, looking up at me through his long, dark eyelashes.
My brain short circuited, so Rodger has to respond for me.
"He can't wait to see you there!" He said. Then he elbowed me in the ribs when Freddie turned around and left.
I stuck my tongue out at him, hugged him, then left to go home. I fished my buss pass out of my pocket and waited for the #086 bus to take me to the stop closes to my house. When the bus arrived, I got on, and sat toward the front, it was only about four stops until mine.
When I arrived at my stop, I got out, and walked to my apartment. Then up the steps to the door, unlock it, and go inside. Once inside, I start typing up, I wiped down and vacuumed everything, all that was left was to get dressed, prep the food, and make sure everything looked good.
I walked into my room, slipped into some jeans, and a cute button-up covered in gold fish, my favorite shirt.
The I walked to the kitchen and pulled out the food to start prepping.
After a few hours of washing, chopping, mixing, mincing, and a myriad of other things, the door bell rings.
Thankfully, I was near the bell so I actually heard it's deep tone. I opened the door, to my Rodger.
"Come in!" I said and moved aside to let him in. He smiled and handed me a small present wrapped in a light blue paper with a silver ribbon. I placed it on the table to the side and went Into the living room. I sat on the couch and began to talk some with Rodger. Then the bell rang again. This time I didn't hear it because I was engrossed in listening to Rodger, so he pointed at the door and I got the idea.
When I opened the door, there was both Bri and John.
"Hey guys! Nice to see you!" I let them in and they both handed a small present wrapped in light blue paper with silver ribbon.
I was starting to suspect they had something planned, but I didn't know what.
Then just as I was about to sit down, I hear the door bell ring again. I answer the door and find Freddie, in one had was a bottle of wine, in the other, a small box, wrapped in light blue paper and silver ribbon.
I put the wine away for later, put the gift on the table, then went to talk with the boys.
A short bit later, the timer went off, and dinner was ready.
We got up, sat at the table, and began to eat.
All through dinner, we chatted, to stories, and laughed.
When dinner was over, we were all stuffed, warm, and in good company.
We moved back to the living room, talked for a while longer, then they convinced me to upen the gifts.
"Okay, so, unwrap them all first, then open them second." Rodger said once I sat back down with the boxes all in front of me.
I did as I was told, and was soon left with four, unwrapped boxes I front of me.
I opened the first one, the one from Rodger.
Inside was a, mostly blank, check, with the number 1,440 written on it.
I put my hand over my mouth and quickly open the other three boxes, all of them were identical, aside from the hand writing.
I put my hand over my mouth and a tear starts to roll down my cheek.
"Is, is this for the hearing aids?" I asked looking at all four of them.
They all nodded.
I got up and hugged them all so tight. I couldn't help but cry and thank them.
The rest of the night is wonderful. I am high off the excitement and the boys were feeding off of my excitement.
When everyone finally had to say goodbye, I see them off at the door. First Brian, then John, next Rodger, but Freddie stayed behind for a little bit.
We talked, joked, and drank te last of the wine.
"You know," he said, rubbing my cheek and looking into my eyes. A wine glass in his other hand. "I quite fancy you and your pretty little face." He said.
"I, I like your face too." I said, stumbling over my words.
"Oh, come here." He said, then connected our lips. I melted into his lips, it was just as amazing as I had imagined.
When we parted, he traced my lips with his fingers.
"I can't wait till I can talk to you, like, really talk to you." He said, his lip curling into a smile. "Well, I should be going." He said.
I nodded, still in a daze from the kiss.
I gave him his jacket and saw him off at the door.

___________________________
A/n: Day #23. I hope you guys like this one. I can do a part two of you would like. I might just do a part two no matter what. We will see. I will probably also continue this disabled!reader collection. It has been nice to write these. A bit of a challenge though. Anyway, I hope you enjoyed.