1: Home from Vacation

The long drive home from Beach City was not as difficult as driving there. To be honest, you're lucky to have a few weeks off from your job and your hobby; which was not much considering the damage you got from the second round. You weren't the type to take breaks; you wanted to keep street fighting despite having seven broken ribs and a massive concussion. But nonetheless, your manager insisted.

Steel City; A giant industrial town known for making the metal made for the country's resources. You have a part-time job in one of the steel mills, "Best Hard-Worker" your bosses call you. The pay wasn't that good, couldn't pay half the rent.

The street fighting was more of a hobby than a job, but it paid more and helped pay the bills. Not that easy for a skinny guy with a little bit of fighting skills, but you liked the thrill- the adrenaline rush that it gives you when you fight. You didn't care whether or not you lost. What mattered was that you got paid, and not a lot of people have the guts to shame you for doing just that.

*Time Skip*

You drive up to your best friend's house at 8 at night, wanting to see how he's doing and maybe if he wants to have a few drinks with you. You knock on his door and it took a few seconds before he answered.

Roy: "Hey yo, Y/N!" The guy that's giving you a bro hug is Roy, he's been your best friend since you started working in Steel City seven years ago.

"I haven't seen you for weeks, how was your vacation?"

Y/N: "It was pretty good. How've you been doing?"

Roy: "It's been pretty boring since you left, dude. How about we talk about it over a few beers?"

Y/N: "Funny you should ask."

A few hours later and you're already past drunk, you're just sitting in the passenger's seat daydreaming while Roy's driving you home laughing his butt off.

Roy: "Man, you can't hold your alcohol worth of shit."

Y/N: "Shu-up, I dwunk juss as mush as you."

Roy: "You barely finished half a bottle, I finished three." A bottle of beer is metaphorically a gallon to you.

Y/N: "Whatevah, dude." You both laugh it off for a few minutes, then Roy asks a big question.

Roy: "Hey, yo. You haven't been yourself since Chloe left you. You sure you're okay?" 

Chloe had been there with you for three years. She was known for calling herself a free spirit, but you were oblivious to know what she meant by it. The night you caught her sleeping with another man, a half hour before a big fight- which you lost very badly. The day after when you had to go to the ICU, she said "goodbye" before you woke up from a coma.

Y/N: "I'd care less. She lef me when I wasn't of any use to h-er, shit happens." Roy looks at you and your eyes are tearing up.

Roy: "Sigh Well, there are plenty of people in this world. I'm sure you'll find one that's better than her."

Y/N: "I doubt it, she'd have to be from another world. Y'know- strong, independent, natural born fighter yet shows some compassion for a guy like me."

Roy: "That's oddly specific."

Y/N: "Yep, that's the beer talking. I know it's not gonna happen."

Roy: "You'd be surprised."

*Time Skip*

11:35 You finally make it back to your house, it's a few miles west from the city inside a forest. It's not much for a small cabin, but you call it home anyway. It's got a big shed right next to it, just so you can do your training in the mornings before work.

Roy: "See you monday, Y/N."

Y/N: "Hey, Roy?"

Roy: "What?"

Y/N: "Make sure you get me my car back in one piece, okay?"

Roy: "Don't worry, I'll send it back tomorrow." Tomorrow was sunday, so you didn't mind. Roy drove away and you continued to walk inside the cabin. The inside was fairly clean, only because you don't stay for too long. The majority of memories that you had in that cabin was with Chloe. You missed seeing her relaxing on the couch and watching TV, just so she can see you come back home. You missed a lot of things, too many to count. You wash your face then head off to sleep in your bed, the same bed that you shared with Chloe. The whole bed smelled like her sweet scent. The memories were painful to remember, and you end up crying yourself to sleep.

*Time Skip*

3:47 You were in a deep sleep, wearing nothing but your pants and tank top. All of a sudden-

*BOOM*

You wake up all shook as you hear something breaking into your house.

Y/N: "What the hell?" You say in a very groggy as you find yourself with a hangover. Without any hesitation you take the bat that you have on the floor, open the bedroom door and turn the lights on.

What you see will be Shocking

A|N

Slipkmot - Dead Memories