Chapter 1

*Parents arguing*
"Why do you always have to do that" Lydia's mom says
"Do what" .. dad
"Act like nothing wrong and touching my face . I don't want you to touch me after what I found in your phone".. mom
" oh please. You can't blame a guy, can you?"..dad
"Well I have a daughter and I don't want her being around you".. mom
"That's our daughter"..dad
"I know it is but I don't want her being around her pervert of a dad"..mom
"Don't talk to me like that. You know what happens if you do".. dad
"Get away from me, you make me sick"..mom
"As you wish"..dad
*door slams*
I tried not to listen but with what my mom said I really didn't want to be next to my dad. I seen him hit her before. I always found my mom crying after everything that happens with my mom and my dad but I can't do anything about it. I want my mom and I love my mom, I will do anything to protect her. I always hoped they don't get a divorce but at this point I hope they do. I know I shouldn't say that but I can't take it anymore. I get dressed for school.
"Mom!" I shout, but I don't hear anything. "Mom!" I shout again. This time I'm worried because she's not answering me. I grab my back pack and run downstairs to find my mom sitting on the couch crying.
"Mom" I say soft and low
"Mom, are you okay?" She looks up at me and smiles softly
"Yeah I'm okay honey, you ready for school?" she says. I didn't say anything back because I saw a hand print around her throat. I started to tear up a bit but I didn't cry. I just stared at her. "Yeah" i say. She smiles at me softly.
"Okay let's go" my mom says. I slip my shoes on, grab my backpack and head out the door and into the car. My mom starts the car. We are almost there. During our drive I brake the silence. "So what are you gonna do today?"I ask my mom. My mom looks at me, not smiling. She takes a deep breath and finally speaks up "well I ...uh.. I'm gonna file divorce papers"my mom says. I don't say anything but I knew it was best for her and me. "Good, I don't like the way he treats you mom. I don't really wanna be around him anymore. I'm going with you" I say. My mom doesn't say anything but smiles lightly. "Whatever you want to do honey but I'm sure not leaving you with your dad so either way you were going with me" she kinda laughed. I don't do nothing but smile. We got to school "I love you mom I will see you later!" I shout back. "I love you too honey!"my mom shouts back at me.
*at school*
I meet up with my best friend Ashley and my other best friend Clair.
"Hey bestie" Ashley says. I smile and say"hi bestie". Clair doesn't say anything but hugs me and finally says "hey best friend". Clair calls me best friend, she doesn't call me bestie.
They are the most beautiful best friends I can ever ask for. I love them. But then I finally speak up and say "hey best friend" and laugh. They laugh with me. School hasn't started yet so we just hang out until Ashley's boy friend comes over. I don't like her boyfriend. His name is Alex, He's a real big asshole. I mean I can't lie because he is hot but he's an asshole. He always hits me when Ashley isn't around or looking. Ashley doesn't know,neither does Clair . It's annoying. I love Ashley but if her boyfriend hits me one more time I'm coming out. Or at least I'll try.