Chapter 72

I woke up this morning to get water. "Oh hey I didn't know you guys were here" I say "yeah. We just wanted to see how you are" zayn says "thank you" I say "I'm actually better than yesterday" I say. I go to the kitchen get a cup of water. "So you guys going to school" I say as I'm walking out. "Well no" they say "well imma go to sleep" I say. Harry gets up and grabs me by my waist. He gives me a hug. I feel his lips brush my ear. "Let me go with you. I can make you feel better" Harry says. I smile at him and grab his hand. "We're going to sleep" Harry says. We walk upstairs. I walk Into my room. I lay in bed. Harry follows behind me. He grabs my hand. "You know I've been worried about" he says "why?" I say to him "you've been acting different" he says "well I feel different, I feel attacked and depressed" I say "I'm sorry Adam did that to you" he says "it's okay Harry, I'm safe now so there is nothing to worry about" I say "but I wanna protect you, make you feel safe, make you feel at home!" he says "Harry i could have been dead. You boys are the only reason that's keeping me alive. Harry you and the boys are my home!" I say "I just don't wanna lose you" Harry says "Harry you won't loose me. I promise" I say again. I lay on Harry's chest. I close my eyes and fall back to sleep. I wake up from my sleep. Harry asleep next to me. I move away and he grabs the pillow. I grab my red crop and my black pants, with my leather black jacket. I put on my pants. Do my makeup nicely and put my hair in a pony. I walk downstairs. The boys looking at me. there mouths open. "What's wrong" I say "nothing you just look hot" Louis says "thanks" I say. I go sit down on the couch. "You alright" zayn asks "um yeah. I think so" I say "well just know I'm here if you need me" zayn says.
I smile at him. "So Lydia your birthday is in 1/2 weeks right" Louis says "that's right" I say "well we have a huge surprise for you" Niall says "nice" I say. There is a knock on the door. I answer it. "Are you Mrs rose" the girl asks "yeah I am" I say "here you go" she says handing me a box "thank you have a good day" I say. I close the door. I set the box in the table. "Everything alright" zayn asks "it's the box" I say "from yesterday about Ashley" I say. I walk to the kitchen to grab a knife. I walk to the box. I cut it open. Wrapping on some stuff. I take it out a set it on the table. There's a letter. I open it.
The letter
Hey bestie, I just wanted to say I'm sorry. I never knew Alex was hitting you. It actually turns out that he was cheating on me with Clair. I really miss you. I know we said goodbye and everything but it's not the same. Me and Clair arent friends anymore. I don't have anyone to talk to. I've been really alone. I just can't believe I'm living my life without you here. I wrapped some stuff up  to send to you but I don't know your address. Damnit. I miss talking to you on the phone like we do everyday when you were here. I miss you so much. I can't deal with the pain anymore. I cant tell anyone. I can't cry to anyone. I just I want it to be over. There are a lot of memories I will carry with me. I know I'm not the best but you are the best. Your the sister I've never had. I'm alone. It's cold and dark. I'm sad. I decided that I wanted to say goodbye to you. My last goodbye to you before I leave for good. I will forever be in your Heart bestie. Do me a favor and check on my mother for me. I don't want her getting depressed. I love you so fucking much. I will be watching over you. I will be in your heart. I might not be there beside you but I'm always in your heart. It hurts me knowing I'm gonna do something bad. Don't forget that being you bestie was the most amazing thing ever. I don't understand how something so good can be gone from you in a split second. Me being gone is gonna hurt but I know what I have to do. I love you so fucking much. Please don't cry. I miss you like crazy. Love you and goodbye for the last time. Goodbye forever. I love you so very much. God bless you bestie.
Sincerely your bestie, Ashley

I got done reading the letter. I cried so hard. Thank god my mascara was water proof. I don't understand. I wish I was there with her. To protect her. I folded the letter. I set it down. I grab one of the gifts that were wrapped. I unwrapped it. It was a photo of me and Ashley when we were kids. I grabbed another one unwrapped it and it was her photo book. I grabbed another one unwrapped it and it was a picture of me and Ashley in middle school. I grabbed another one and unwrapped it it was a picture of us on the first day of high-school. I unwrapped another one it was her journals. I took out this purse and it was her necklace and a couple other photos. I let out a loud sob. I felt arms wrap around me. "It's okay she's in a better place" I heard someone say. It was zayn. I smashed my face into his chest. "She gone my bestie is gone" I say "but she in a better place. Watching over you" zayn says "I Guess your right" I say. I stop my crying. I walk up the stairs and to the bathroom. My makeup smeared a little but not to much. I walk back downstairs. I sit back down. The boys watching me. I close my eyes and Barry my head into Liam's back. They don't say anything but leave me were I am. I take a deep breathe. Somehow I think I feel asleep.