Chapter 20

The entire time back home was nice and quit. We were almost there. I heard Harry laughing "what's so funny" I asked "you" he said "what about me" I said back " you just so cute when your sleepy" he said. I smiled. We pulled over. We were at my house. "Thanks for  the ride Harry" I said "Your welcome love" he said "I'll text you later" he said "alright sounds good" I said. I grabbed my backpack and headed for the door. "Mom!" I called out "mom!" I called out again "what do you want!" She answered back "nothing I just haven't seen you all day" I said. She came down stairs. "Did you get my letter" I asked "yeah" she said "you seem mad?" I said. I seen a guy walk down from the stairs. "Who's that" I asked "my boyfriend. Why do you care?" She said "mom I was just asking"I said "don't talk to her like that" the man said "I don't know who you are so don't talk to me like that. You aren't my dad" I said "I don't need to be your dad bitch" he said "don't talk to me like that!" I said. "Mom what's wrong with you" I said "nothings wrong with me" she said "you sure because you aren't the woman I loved before" I said "I still am" she said "no ....no you aren't" I said. I felt someone slap me and it was the man. "Richard is my name. I don't care who you are but I slapped you and you will listen to what I say from now on" Richard said "no....no I won't because you aren't my dad" is said "he is now" my mom said "no he isn't and if I'm being honest my dad never hit me except for that one time. And some man is going to come in the house and hit me. I don't think so" I said. I ran up to my room. Grabbed a duffle bag and I called Liam. "Hey what's up" he said " can you pick me up please" I said "wait Lydia why are you crying" he said "I'll explain if you come and get me away from my house fast" I said "I'm on my way" he said "thank you" I said. He hung up the phone I packed a duffle bag of clothes and what I needed for school. I got a text message.

Text message

Liam: hey I'm here

Me: on my way

I climbed out the window I tried not to make noise. I grabbed my Bag from the floor and ran to Liam's car. "Hey are you okay?" He said "no I need a place to stay for the night?" I said " you can stay at my place and sleep in my room if you want" he said "I would love to and thank you" I said "I'll tell you when we get there" I said. He nodded his head. We reached the house. We got out of the car. I opened the door and grabbed my bags. "Hey honey" his mom said "hey mom this is Lydia. She needs a place to stay" liam told his mom "yeah no problem she's welcomed whenever" his mom said " Lydia this is my mom Karen. Karen this is Lydia" Liam said "hi sweet heart" Karen said. She noticed I was crying because she wiped a tear away from my eye. "Are you okay honey" she asked "no it my mom" I said "what's wrong with your mom" Liam asked "well I went home and I called out for my mom and she came down stairs. She wasn't herself. There was a guy who came running down stairs and I was talking to my mom telling her how she wasn't herself and her boyfriend Richard called me a bitch and slapped me." I said "I don't wanna go back there" I said " honey listen you don't have to go back there. I'm not letting you after what you said. You can move in with us" Karen said "thank you and I think I want to" I said. "We have a spear room if you need one" she said " thank you" I said. She showed me upstairs to the spear room. I unpacked my things. This house already felt like home. I heard a knock on the door. "You okay" Liam said "yeah I feel so much better after that" I said "Your welcome to stay forever" Liam said "thank you and I think I want to. I don't wanna go back to my mom" I said. "We will get your stuff this weekend. You have everything you need thought for the rest of the week" he asked "yeah I do" I said "thank you again" I said "Your very welcome" he said. He gave me a hug and kiss on cheek goodnight. I put my pajamas on and set my alarm for 6:40.

*the next morning*
I woke up and got dressed. I threw my pink long sleeved crop top on and white jeans. I slid my white converse on. I grabbed my backpack and my phone. I went down stairs. It smelled like pancakes. "Good morning sweetheart" Karen said "good morning mom" I said. Oh shit I just called her mom. "I'm sorry. I didn't mean to call you mom" I said "it's okay I mean you can call me mom if you want to" Karen said "thank you" I said. I ate some pancakes. Me and Karen we're laughing "what's so funny" I heard Liam say " and good morning to you to" I said to Liam. He came in the kitchen agave me a hug and gave his mom a kiss. "Are you ready to go to school" he said "yeah" I answered. "Goodbye mom" Liam said "goodbye Karen thx for breakfast" I said "bye kids and your welcome" she said. I gave her a hug goodbye and got into the car.