3. Korra - Telling Caleb ...

"Look I'm sorry!" I yell as he hits me in the head with his hand. He laughs shaking his head at me.

"He was staring at you, you whore!" Another slap to the face. Then he pins me against the wall. His hand around my neck but not really choking me.

"I'm sorry," I say. Hoping he'd let it go. When he and I make eye contact, something changes. He lets go of me, feeling more oxygen fill my lungs. I hear him growl before the door slams. I wait ten minutes before looking to see him gone. I grab a duffel bag, grabbing all my valuables. Along with a couple days worth of clothes. Putting two grand into the bag. Hurrying and putting it in my trunk before he came back. I need to find Caleb.

-

It's been a little over a day since he left. I got a notification on Instagram to see Caleb had messaged me.

Hey.

Hey ...

How are you?

Can you come over? I'm scared ...

Why? What's wrong? Did someone hurt you?

My boyfriend left a while ago but he's been gone...

Send me your address and phone number please

Okay.

I did as he told me. I gave him the personal info before he gave me a thanks. Saying he'll see me soon. I sat at the dining table waiting for someone to appear here. A knock at the door startles me. I glance to see a foreign car. Caleb messaged saying here. I opened the door letting him in.

"You have a cozy home," I smile as he and I sit in the kitchen.

"Do you want to have a drink?" I asked him. He smiled genuinely.

"Water," I nod with his reply. I grab a bottle water from the fridge. Giving it to him as we both sit at the table.

"So is there a reason why you want me here?" Caleb asked. I look at my hands fighting the urge to tell him.

"Come with me," I stand up grabbing his hand and taking him to a bathroom downstairs in the basement area.

I take off my shirt. Caleb's eyes widen not because I not only took off my shirt in front of him. But I have bruises and cuts there. Caleb takes pictures of it.

"Is this from your boyfriend?" I nod when he examines my bruises and cuts.

"He hurts me, and forces me ... I - I can't leave him," I sigh looking away from Caleb. I was ashamed.

"I secretly packed a bag ... Knowing if he keeps doing these things to me or worse I'll leave. I'll drop everything here and go," I explained. Caleb nodded.

"Is this his house??" He asked. I shook my head. I put my shirt back on. As he and I leave the bathroom.

"No. I bought it, if I have to abandon it ... I will," I say being completely honest. I've been with Zach since high school ... He didn't start hurting me until he moved in with me. Was he afraid of independent woman? Or was he just abusive?

"If anything happens ... either call me or the police. I'll have you stay with me until your boyfriend is behind bars," he explains as he's close to my face.

"You deserve someone who treats you right," He kissed my hand then exits the room.