54. Caleb - "Korra will never forgive you..."

Three months later.

Korra was definitely showing. Kasey haven't been around since the last time she showed up was in August. Vidcon AU was amazing, I loved meeting everyone. It was harder to leave than I thought. Yet, Korra was on my mind. Even though Jake officially lives with Korra. It still didn't feel the same. I would miss her a lot.

I remember when I would kiss her stomach and softly put my hand on her tummy. Telling her how much I loved her and the child.

"Hey, Korra! I'm gonna run some errands," I tell her as I grab my keys.

"Okay! Love you!" She exclaims. I smile in happiness.

"Love you too!" I exclaim leaving her home. Knowing Jake will be back soon.

-

As I finish putting my groceries away into my car. I turn to get sucker punched. Then kneed in the gut. I groaned in agony as I felt all the pain rush through my veins.

"Getting Korra pregnant I see? I wanted her to be mine," I look up to see Luke Hemmings squatting down next to me.

"You're loss, Luke. Korra will never forgive you," I spit out some blood coming from my mouth. He punches me then kicks me in the stomach again.

"She'll never find out," Luke said. As he kicks me in the stomach one last time. I yelp from the feeling, I groan. Luke chuckles then walk off.

I feel my lip start bleeding. I felt some other parts in my body that burned really really bad. I slowly get back up. Get into my car driving to Korra's.

-

"What the hell happened to your face?" Jake asked as soon as I walk into her home. I shrug as I look around.

"Got slammed into a tree." I lie through my teeth. I hated lying for Luke. I never liked him either.

"I don't believe your statement but, oh well," Jake says turning the TV on.

"Are you okay?" Korra asks me. Studying my face. She scrunches her nose then sighs.

"I fell. No big deal," I say to Korra. Korra inhaling slowly and deeply exhaling. I sit down hissing in pain as I do so.

"I'll get the first aid," Korra said immediately walking away from me. I turn to see Jake staring at me. I swallow the lump in my throat knowing he's gonna question.

"You got beat dude. Why would someone randomly assault you?" Jake asks quietly so Korra doesn't hear. She comes back in a minute later. A wet cloth in her hand, and the first aid kit in her other hand.

"Take your shirt off," Korra says. I glance at Jake, awkwardly doing as told. I notice there's a couple bruises from when he kicked me.

"Just a small cut on your chest," She said. Yeah it was under my peck. She puts the cloth on it and I hiss in agony.

"Goddamnit," I say.

"Sorry," Korra mumbled. Jake glared at me knowing I lied. Jake was good at reading people. I'm not surprised that he's gotten beat or he has beaten up people before. He makes himself intimidating, I know he does. Yet, when he opened up to me. I realized he had his weaknesses as well.

Kira and Korra were his weaknesses. Anything to protect his girl and his little sister. Which he felt as if he failed at doing his job. Considering she died in an accident and under his nose... His sister was being abused.

"Yeah, totally got slammed into a tree," Jake said to me. Korra shook her head.

"Caleb, this looks like you got jumped," Korra says as she cleans up a bit. I put my shirt back on. She puts the cloth against my lip, causing me to hiss like hell.

"Sorry," Korra said. She cleaned up my face. A bruise on my eye due to when he fucken sucker punched me. Flashbacks fly through my head causing me to have a major headache.

"What happened?" Korra questioned. Yeah, I didn't think I was going to get beat up for being out in public, either.

"Nothing. Nothing happened at all," I say to them. Jake still giving me a glare every here and there.

"I promise," I say again.

"I'm gonna postpone the dinner with my parents. They don't need to see your injured," I tried to stop her but she walks off.