49. Caleb/Jake/Korra - "Doctors Excuse"

(Authors Note: This is gonna be one hell of a long chapter. So prepare for this ... It'll be in Caleb's POV first, Jakes, then Korra's. Then it'll go back to the normal. Enjoy!)

Caleb's POV:

Two weeks later.

Life has been awful. Korra refuses to talk to me at all. When I show up at her work, she has someone else take my order or something. Kasey tries to contact me, never works. What happened at the arcade was a mistake. I figured if I kissed Kasey back she'd officially leave Korra and I alone. Did that work? Of course it didn't.

Right now I hold my head in my hands as I sit in the living room. Trying to get what happened out of my head. Korra needs me... I'm not even ready to have a child. I'm only 24 about to be 25. But, she's probably freaking out. Obviously she's keeping the fetus cause she hasn't talked to me about abortion unless she secretly is without me knowing. Not even caring about whether I'd be okay with it or not.

We both have careers. I didn't even realize we didn't have protection. We were so into the moment and the now ... I guess I forgot. The second time ... I can't say anything about. I wish Korra would let me explain but that's not happening.

I lift my head up as I hear a sound. Then I turn to the door to hear knocks coming from my front door. I check to see Jake. He's wearing a leather jacket, ripped black jeans, black on black vans. I go to the door and open it.

"Wanna talk?" Jake asked. As soon as I opened the door. I reluctantly open the door. Not knowing whether he was gonna beat the shit out of me or not.

"I'm not gonna hurt you," he says. Probably reading my actions more well than I.

"Look," he pauses sitting on the couch. I sit next to him as well, "I'm not gonna hurt you for agonizing my sister. The only thing she needs to worry about is her pregnancy. But, I want to be open with you ..." I nod paying attention to what Jake has to say.

"There's a reason that I'm being nice. Besides that you rescued my sister. And helped her through this rough path but ... I like you, as a friend. I never told anyone but my parents about this." I knew this was personal. I just never thought he'd open to me. So I just sit back and listen.

"I got a girl pregnant back in high school," his eyes start to tear up. He shakes his head looking away from me. "She and I were only 17 years old."

~ Flashback ~
Jake's POV

I was 14 when I first met her. We were forced to sit next to each other. She was shy and a cute nerd that I loved so much but after a while she had changed. Became my only friend. At some point we were vulnerable. Told each other everything ... At some point we stopped talking cause we didn't have any classes until my Junior year. Little did I know ... I was falling in love.

"Hey." I said awkwardly to Kira. Kira glanced my way then continued to talk with her friends. I sat at the front, alone.
I heard a chair being scooted out. I look up to see Kira sitting next to me.

"Hey." She said back. I smiled at her, she smiled back. I believed she felt the same way towards me. Never knew for sure.

As time went on we got super close again. She asked me to Homecoming, I said yes. I took her we went to it dressed really nice. When we were slow dancing at the homecoming dance. I asked her out. She leaned in and kissed me. I kissed her back. She slowly pulled back and said yes to me. That was honestly the best decision I made my entire life. We dated for over a year and a half. Until one day ...

I had sex with her ... little did I know three months later. She told me she was pregnant. I told her we couldn't raise a child. I wanted her to get rid of it but that's not how it went...

"Jake, I'm pregnant." Kira says to me. I freeze in shock from the announcement she had just told me. I don't say anything. I shake my head side to side.

"We can't afford one, Kira. I'm not even a graduate yet, we're not even graduated yet. We can't raise it," I say to her a little more quietly. Tears well in her eyes.

"It's your fault. You forgot protection," She said. Anger ranging her. I sigh shaking my head.

"What're you gonna do, Kira?" I ask her, "We can't have it! I already told you!"

"I'm not aborting, damnit! That's the last thing I need!" She leaves slamming the door. A minute after I realized what happened. I ran out my bedroom door trying to chase after her. But she was gone...

~ Flashback Ends ~
Caleb's POV

"I even regret letting her leave. I got a call a couple hours later. Her parents told me she had passed in a car accident... She had a note for me... The baby of course died with her as well. Korra was in love with Zach at the time. Kasey was already out of the house ... I never had someone close to tell." Jake immediately finished explaining everything. It was a lot to process considering he told me.

"So you're saying not to give up on Korra?" I asked, "Cause anything could happen?" Jake nodded. I run my hands through my hair.

"Korra is mad at me. She won't let me explain," I said to him as I stood up and faced him.

"Look she has a doctors appointment. Go, and explain everything to her," I nod as I trust Jake.

-

Korra's POV:

After I walk out of the doctors appointment I see Caleb with a teddy bear in his hands. I turn the other way but Jake stops me and shoved me right into Caleb. Luckily Caleb catches me. I turn to glare at Jake. Jake winks at me and gets in the car. He gets on his phone and smirks at me. I step away from Caleb.

"What're you doing here?" I asked him. Caleb points at Jake, he waves at us. I shake my head and turn back to Caleb.

"Look. I just wanted to say that I apologize for what I did back at the arcade a couple weeks ago. I do want to know what the plan is with the fetus..."

I cross my arms against my chest, "I'm keeping it. I kinda don't have a choice." I move my hair from my face due to the wind.

"I am truly sorry. I thought that if I kissed her then she would leave us alone. I honestly didn't think she was necessarily going to kiss me," He said. I sighed looking at my shirt to see my little bump showing. I think he noticed it as well cause his eyes focused on my stomach.

"I'm taking care of myself," I say to him. I shrug a little shy. Hoping he doesn't flip on me for choosing my decision.

"We're young, Korra. You do know this right?" I shrug then smirk at him.

"I make decent money. You make decent money. We're in our twenties. I think we'd be alright, besides that it's a bastard baby," This makes Caleb chuckle. I am still upset but if he can make up for what he did. Then I'll forgive him.

"Look. I will forgive you on my own time. You can ... come to my doctors appointment. But, you'll have to make up for what you've done," I say to him. He nods urgently.

"Of course. Anything."

"Good." Is all I say as I began to walk towards Jakes car.

"So no hug or anything?" He asked. I stopped turned around. I jogged towards Caleb. Grabbed his cheeks, pulled in and placed my lips against his. He kissed back passionately. My hands run through his hair. I feel his hands on my waist. Then slowly slide to the small of my back as our lips move in sync.

I slowly pull away afterwards leaving a speechless Caleb in the parking lot. Teddy bear on the ground. I smile at him then walk away.

Thanks Jake.