56. Caleb - Talking

"Are you alright?" I asked Korra. She's been acting weird lately. Ever since she called her parents. We get into our clothes we're gonna sleep in before she looks straight at me. Then awkwardly sits on the bed getting under the covers.

"I'm fine," she responds. I raise an eyebrow at her knowing damn well she's not. You can tell something is draining her energy.

"I doubt it," I say as I take off my t-shirt and walk over to turn the lights off. I walk back over towards her, lying next to her in the dark.

"I'm scared." She whispers as if she doesn't want anyone but me to hear her.

"Do you want me to turn the light back on?" I ask sitting up. She shakes her head immediately.

"No. No! I meant you got beat up and the Court Case against Zach," I can see her resting her hands on her stomach.

"Korra, why didn't you tell me?" I question. I had a right to know but at the same time, I didn't.

"I didn't want you worrying. You're already concerned as it is," She goes on, "Plus, I didn't think the trail was two weeks away."

"Wasn't the last time you got notified was like ... three months ago?" I asked. Resting my head in my hand as I rest on my elbow intently watching Korra.

"How did you know?" She asked softly. It was an 'I'm-curious-how-you-found-out' voice. I smiled and placed a soft kiss upon her cheek.

"Jake told me," I say softly into her ear. She gets onto my lap.

"Of course he tells you everything," She said in an enthusiastic/sarcastic voice. I sit up being carefully for our baby.

"Not everything," I mumble softly as she leaned in placing her lips against my own.

Feeling the same exact thing I felt the first time we had ever kiss.