41. Korra - Phone Call w/Kasey

I walk towards Caleb with a glass of water and some medicine. He sits against my bath tube. He grabs the glass of water and swats away the medicine with his hand. I put it on the counter and sit next to him.

"I may never understand how you feel, but," he paused and tools a huge gulp of his water, "I understand what it feels like to feel that low about yourself. And I'll always listen." He seems a bit more sobered up. I shyly smile at him. Covering my face.

"Do you think your done puking or are we gonna be here for a couple minutes?" He holds up his finger. I take it as we wait a couple more minutes. He leans into the toilet puking once again. I grab his glass and get him some water from the kitchen. I come back into the kitchen to see him wiping his mouth.

"Let's get to bed," I say to Caleb. He nods as I help him up. He stands on his feet but leans against the wall. Downing the glass of water I gave him. I set the glass down. As I help him up a couple steps. We go through the kitchen, living room, and head upstairs. We go into the guest room.

"I'll be back," I say. I go into my room. Grab a pair of sweats he left here. And a trash can. I walk into the room to see his shirt and jeans off. I throw the sweats on him. I hold the trash can just in case.

He puts the sweats on crawls onto the bed. Grabs the comforters, getting comfy underneath them. I smile watching him do this.

"You're cute," I say to him. As I set the trash can next to him. He lies on his back hugging the pillow tightly. I sit next to him rubbing his back.

"You're cold," he mumbles. I chuckle at him as I proceeded to rub his back. At some point I thought he fell asleep. So I got up and turned the lights off.

"Can you stay? Please?" He asked before I left the room. I sigh saying my opinion.

"Not tonight," I walk off. Go into my bedroom locking the door behind me. I get into my bed thinking about how I completely rejected laying next to him.

-

I wake up to the sound of my phone ringing. I sit up immediately and answer my phone.

"Hello," my voice came out raspy and gross.

"Hey! So I'm picking up the parents from the airport in a couple hours. They wanted to visit us, also they know about Caleb," Hearing Kasey's voice was the last thing I needed to hear first thing in the morning.

"Are they wanting to stay at my place or...?" I question waiting for an answer.

"No. Jake said he was gonna stay at yours and let the parents stay in my apartment for a couple days," She explains the plans.

"Oh! I'm okay with Jake staying. I'll call him in a bit. When are you picking up the parents?" I asked her. Even though I'm upset with her, this involves my parents.

"1:00 in the afternoon. Jake will come get you. I figured to let you know just in case you forgot," She sounded weird. I hung up on her and got up and ready. Since I will see my parents again. I haven't seen them since Christmas. I've been so busy with work I rarely have time to visit them.

I leave my bedroom to see the guest bedroom made and all cleaned up except for his sweats. Nearly folded on the bed with a note.

My Lovely Korra,

I woke up early because I had a twitch stream to do. Which I was late to by a couple minutes to I'm assuming. Don't go anywhere, Korra. Our relationship is just getting good.

Yours truly,

Caleb.

I smile as I read the note. I head back into my bedroom to get ready for what this day may bring.