40. Caleb - Arguing & Partying

I sat on her couch. Waiting for the food to get here. Flashbacks from earlier flood through my mind. I hear footsteps and I see Korra standing in front of me.

"Hey." I didn't say anything. I just looked at her. She shifted from her left leg to her right leg. She looks around the living room then sits on my lap.

"What're you-" She cuts me off by placing her lips against mine. I kiss back not even hesitating.  Her hands run through my curly hair. She slightly tugs on it causing me to moan. My hands on her waist. I pull her closer to me.

"Korra!" I hear. Korra immediately pulls away and jumps off my lap. I groan in annoyance knowing it's Kasey.

"Did you get anything in the mail at all?" I shake my head no. Kasey looks at me in a way that sort of freaks me out.

"Kasey, don't you ever knock? Like, I love you but seriously!?" Korra exclaims at her. I awkwardly witness this conversation between the two.

"Well I didn't think you'd be making out with your boyfriend, Korra," She glares are Korra some type of way. It slips into my mind, maybe she has feelings for me...

"Kasey, I'm not a little girl anymore. You can't barge into my place whenever you'd like," Kasey doesn't say anything after Korra lectured her. I watch them carefully Kasey looks at me. Looks me up and down then turns away from me.

"I'm gonna go," Kasey walks away in a sassy manner, by the time she's in the driveway. The person with McDonald's has showed up at the door. I get it as we sit together and eat.

-

"Why didn't you tell me you have been having nightmares?" Korra asks me after we got done eating. I sit next to her and she looks at me.

"Why didn't you tell me you we're leaving?" I fired back. Waiting for her to say what comes through her mind.

"You're still upset about that?" She questioned me. She looked confused as to why he brought it up so much these past couple hours.

"I have every right to be," I mumbled quietly. I'm assuming she didn't hear me whatsoever. But nevertheless, She heard it anyways.

"It's my life. I'm a free individual-"

"Who should be more cautious. I worried about you for days, even weeks. I thought Zach murdered or kidnapped you. It made me feel guilty because your phone would go straight to voicemail," She didn't say anything as I explained this.

"Then don't worry about me," She blurts out. I need to know that it's not that easy. When you fall in love, you would of anything to stay in their life.

"It's not that easy, Langford," I speak softly. I sigh running my hands through my hair.

"Well don't." She says sternly. I shake my head side to side. Not believing her words whatsoever.

"Do you not understand how much I worry about you? Or ... how much I even care?" I glance away from him. Getting frightened by Caleb. "Korra, look at me. Since day one. I worry, I care, I have the right to feel the way I feel."

It seems as if she zoned out, blocking herself mentally to not hear anything that may be similar to the trauma. When I her hyperventilating while sitting on the ground scared me.

"Korra! Korra, it's okay. Breathe. Korra, I need you to breathe, Korra," as if everything I was saying she could've even hear. It made me worry that I had caused this ... all over again.

~ Flashback ~
(A/N: Korra's POV real quick)

"So sneaking off without me knowing again!?" Zach yells. I try to distract myself so I don't freak out again.

"It's my job, Zach! I'm a worldwide photographer. Why don't you understand that!" I yell back at him. He slaps me. I hold my face. The sting effecting me.

"Tell me next time. So you don't have to get a punishment every-time you take off," he says to me grabbing my throat.

"You don't need to know where I am 24/7 Zach," I feel him hit my stomach. Causing a groan to escape my lips.

"That just means you're a whore," he shoves me to the ground.

~ Flashback Ends ~

"Korra, breathe. Korra, breathe," Caleb says as he kneels next to me. My breathing calms down. My cheeks feel wet as if I had been crying. I look up at him. To see him sitting next to me.

"What happened?" I asked him.

"You had a panic attack," He said. I sat up and looked at him. He stands up, puts his shoes on and heads out the door. Not saying anything. He left his phone and sweater here. I sigh as I let him be.

(A/N: It's back to Caleb's POV sorry for the confusion)
-

I began knocking at her door. I'm very impatient when it came to this with my mindset. I know what she saw. She opens the door to see me leaning against the doorframe. I knew she saw that my eyes were bloodshot, pupils were dilated.

"Caleb, it's three in the morning. I thought you'd be home," She says go me. I look around before making eye contact with her.

"I-" hiccups escape my lips, "I for-rgot-t my-y phone." I slur. She seems afraid of me by her actions. I didn't want her to be afraid, especially of me.

"I was going to return it later today," She crosses her arms against her chest. My eyes meet hers.

"I didn't realize ... I- had forgotten-n it here until I-I was at the bar," I accidentally continue to slur on my words. Attempting my best to act sober.

"Why did you leave?" That question hit me hard. Why did I leave? I could've stayed with her. Especially after she had a panic attack. I knew something triggered it when I was upset with her. That's why I left.

"I ... I was still upset with you-u," My voice cracked when I said 'you' at this point. She watches me for a good minute and I immediately felt sick.

"Caleb, I'm an individual who takes photos as a career gets paid well and I work at a Café. You what... Go to college? Get paid for being yourself on TikTok and Instagram?" I don't say anything. I just listen to her. That's because I have nothing to say really.

"I," I hiccup again, "May," I hiccup again, "Never understand how you feel. But I-" I gags. I run into her house and rush to the bathroom. Throwing up all the toxics I took in.

____________________________

I'm so so sorry I haven't posted in forever. For those who talk to me on Instagram. I'm sorry for letting you down. I've been super busy but I promise more chapters are coming!! I love you all ❤️