57. Korra - Detective Jones

I wake up seeing that it was 8:00a.m. I sighed then looked at Caleb to see he was still asleep. I got ready to meet with Detective Jones. When I went downstairs I saw Jake already dressed. Sitting perfectly on the couch.

"Jake?" I questioned.

"I'm coming with," He said. I nodded. I grabbed a piece of paper and pen. I wrote down that Jake and I left to run some errands and we will be back soon. I left it in the kitchen.

"Okay." Is all I respond. We get into his car and head out.

-

"Hello, Korra. I'm Mr. Jones, nice to finally meet," He says to us.

"Pleasure to meet you as well," I said to him. As we shake hands.

"What about him?" He asked the detective.

"This is my Brother, Jake. I'm not gonna answer questions unless he is there. If you have a problem, I can get my lawyer," I say to him. He looks at me, then Jake.

"Okay." He says. As we follow him throughout the place. Until we go into a room where we have to talk.

"So I'm just going to ask some questions. You have a choice on whether or not to answer them. Also, you will be talking in court in front of everyone," The detective explains everything to me.

"Okay." Is all I say.

(A/N: this is gonna be like the way a Court case would be in America cause I don't know Australia's laws)

"How did you meet Zach Harris?" I look him straight in the eye when I say this.

"I met him eight years ago in High school. We were both fifteen years old," He writes it down. I glance at Jake. He holds my hand under the table for comfort.

"Okay. What was your relationship with Zach Harris?" He asked me.

"We were dating. Um ... for six years," I told him. I am going to be honest with him. Here's the sad part that slipped into mind. Jake was gonna find out a lot he never knew about.

"Rumor spread that you're pregnant with his, now," I shook my head no.

"This isn't his," I say. He writes that down as well.

"Hospital reported a rape kit with your and Zach's DNA. Little did he know, he got you pregnant. Is that true?"

"Yes." I felt a tear escape my eyes as this was going down. Jake looked over to see that Caleb was calling him. Jake puts his phone away as I continue with the detective.

"What has he done to you?" He asked me. I looked down at my lap. Not wanting to answer this question. "You have to answer this question in court, Korra."

"I don't feel comfortable answering that question," The detective nods.

"Has Zach Harris ever harmed you in any way?" He asked.

"Yes." This was harder to handle than I thought.

"Is it true that Caleb Finn has pictures of the bruises and cuts Zach Harris put on you?" My eyes widen. They really dug up the information.

"Yeah." Is all he say. He gets up and leaves the room. After I answer that. I immediately look at Jake.

"You need this. Just don't forget to breathe," Jake says to me. I nod as he pulls me in for a hug. I hug back but when we sit normally. He comes back in.

"We called Caleb Finn. He'll be here in about ten ... fifteen minutes. We're going to confiscate his phone. Look through his photos to see if he has them." I look at the table with my hands on my stomach.

"Just to check. We will give it right back," I nod as he says this. He asked more questions. I answered some and a few I didn't.

Once we left the room. I see Caleb stand immediately. He rushed over and pulled me close. I hugged him back as well.

"Can you hand us your phone? It's only to get the evidence you have?" A lady doctor person like human as her hand open with a glove on. Caleb hands them his phone. She leaves.

"Caleb, Lets go," The detective says. It took me a minute to process that he got himself into this as well. The pictures he took, the bruises he saw, the chaos Zach brought. When Zach came into my house and started hitting me. When him and Zach were fighting in my house while I was knocked out.

Caleb placed a soft kiss on my lips before he walked away. I sigh trying to take all of this in. It just happened so quickly I didn't know what to do.