37. Korra - Phone Calls

One. More. Week.

My last week and then I'm back in Australia. Living my life by working at the café and visiting Caleb. Caleb, the person I cannot wait any longer to see. He's been on my mind forever. Days go by and I still think of him. I sigh as I hear my phone ringing to see Kasey's name pop up.

"Hey Kasey," I greet her. I sound exhausted but it makes sense because I'm super tired and busy consistently due to the partying and photo shoots I've done. Along with 5 Seconds of Summer.

"Hey girly. You sound tired." She knew.

"Yeah I am. But, what's going on?" I asked knowing somethings off.

"Korra, Caleb found out where you were. He broke down crying," Jake says taking Kasey's phone.

"He did? Mayne coming to America was a mistake-"

"Korra, it's normal to want a break," Kasey said over the phone cutting me off.

"Does he want to see me when I land in Australia at least?" I asked.

"He said he'd think about it. He thinks you want nothing to do with him," Kasey explaining how he feels makes my heartache. I hang up and immediately go to Caleb's contact.

I push call and hear it ring. Until I wait patiently. After two rings I hear the sound of Caleb's voice.

"Korra? Is it you? Are you okay?" He bombards me with questions. I smile, relieved to hear his voice again.

"Yes it's mean, Caleb. I miss you so much," I respond.

"I miss you too. Why didn't you tell me?" He asked. I sigh as I look around my RB&B.

"I'll talk to you about everything in a week from today," I say hopefully answering his questions. That he is thinking in his mind right at this moment.

"I'm sorry I left without saying goodbye. Especially after our special moment that night," I apologize. Letting him know that it hurt me just as much as it did to him.

"I thought I did something wrong. You never answered my calls," He says in return. I shake my head.

"I had my phone turned off after I landed in America. I turned it on a day ago," I explain. It's silent over the phone.

"I'm tired. But you never did anything wrong," I say softly. My voice turning into an innocent child who refuses to go to bed.

"I believe you. Goodnight, Korra."

"Goodnight, Caleb." Afterward I was out.

-

-

A week flew by before I knew it. I was on the plane patiently waiting to fly back home. Where I belong. I sit patiently as I try to think of ways to have this plane ride go by quicker.