36. Caleb - Advice & Confessions

I'm lying on my bed ... it's 11:43am and I stare at my ceiling. My eyes hurt from crying so much. I've been crying since eight this morning. It agonizes me knowing she's gone. Probably having something to do with me.

All I can think about is the time I realized I am in love with Korra Langford. And the time I made love to her. Talking to Kasey about Korra made my heartache. It made my heartache each day but I act like it's nothing when it comes to Twitch Streams and posting on my Instagram stories.

I turn on my side as I close my eyes binge watching Netflix right now. I remember when Korra first came over. We were both nervous and about to make love ... yet got interrupted by my roommate.

I hear a knock at my door that stops from continuing the next episode. I don't answer and hear another knock. I sit up and go answer the door to see Char there.

"Can we talk?" I nod as we both go into my room. I turn off my TV as we sit at the chairs at my desk with my computer.

"Are you okay? How's Korra doing?" He asks. I shrug with my arms crossed against my chest... yes, I know I'm acting like a girl. Don't remind me.

"I'm alright, and how would I know how she's doing?" I respond. I shake my head as I glance around my bedroom.

"She's not even in Australia, Char. She didn't even tell me she left. I don't understand what I did that caused her to do this," I open up to him. He nods as I doodle on the sticky note.

"It could be that you didn't tell her about you being famous for so long. Did you find out where she is at least?" He asked me. I look at my lap then him.

"She's in America. She won't be back for another two weeks," I answer. He pressed his lips into a thin line. I rest my elbows on my legs as I think about her once again. She's been stuck on my mind like a song clicked on repeat. Always there.

"Look, Caleb. I'm not the best at giving advice but have her talk to you about why she didn't tell you," I don't say anything as I listen to him. Processing his words into my mind. Thinking about what he said.

"I feel like Kasey and Jake would not want to be bothered," I say as Lum get on my lap and lies down. I pet her as I think about Korra asking about her one time.

"Korra will come back. I don't think Korra dislikes you either. Patience is a virtue, we have to wait and see where things go," Char continues as he's about to leave m room.

"That's not bad," I respond. He smiles then leaves my room. I cannot wait to see how things will go. With everything...

-

After finishing my routine, I got dressed into something comfortable. I hear a knock at the door that completely startled me. I walk out my room, through the living room and answer the door. I see Kasey standing there.

"Can we talk?" She asked. We stand there for a couple minutes as I think about whether or not I should. I open the door more wider letting her in.

She takes her shoes off at the carpet and goes to the couch. She sits in a way a Princess would. I sat next to her. As she sighs then looks at me.

"I regret letting you leave yesterday," She goes. I nod as I listen to her, "She called me two days before she saw you. She told me she wanted me to take her to the airport. She didn't want you knowing."

I don't say anything as I study her actions. She seemed scared of me. I didn't want her frightened by me.

"Look, Jake made it obvious that something happened between you two before she left," She paused and rested her hand on mine, "She was crying on the way to the airport and while she was waiting to get on her flight." That caught me off guard. Korra had been crying just as much as I was.

"Why wouldn't she want me to know?" I asked Kasey. She shook her head and removed her hand setting it on her legs once again.

"Protect you, maybe? Otherwise I don't really know... I do want you to come with Jake and I to pick up Korra from the airport. It'd mean a lot." I shrug as I process all of this.

"Plus, she's been hurting right now too," I look at her this time. She stands up and walks to the door. Putting her shoes back on.

"I promise you. It's not because of you," She said then left. I sat there thinking about everything. While I decide what to do next.