55. Korra - Court case

{ Caleb: You are not in this Chapter! I'm letting you know now cause I saw you freak out during your Twitch Stream Love you ❤️ }

As I left the living room to head upstairs to call my parents. I get a different call. I answer, "Hello?"

"Hello, is this Korra Langford?" He asked me. His voice seemed highly professional and the feeling made me anxious.

"This is she," I say in a concerning manner. I sit down and put my hand on stomach.

"I'm here to talk to you about the court case against Zach Harris," He said. This consistently repeated through my head. Over, and over, and over again.

"Okay," is all I say.

"His trial is in two weeks. I'm wondering if you can come down to the station tomorrow or Thursday to see if you can tell us what you know about him. His parents suggested it," He explained. I look at the door to see Jake standing there.

"Yes, I will go down to the station. And, talk," I tell him. Letting him know I'll be there no matter how much it makes me want to panic.

"Okay. I'm detective Jones. J-O-N-E-S. So if you come down let them know who you're here to speak to," He said. Jake writes it down immediately.

"Okay. Well thank you for giving me a call," I say about to burst into tears.

"Talk to you soon," is all he says and I hang up. I exhale slowly. Slowly try to keep myself tame due to carrying something growing inside of me.

"Breathe, Korra. Just breathe," Jake says as he puts his arm around my should pulling me close. I wrap my arms around him as we hold each other. Letting me that it'll be okay. Even though it doesn't feel like it.