⇞ home ⇞

The procession was too long or it felt like it as I was taken in a carriage guarded by soldiers front and back. My head was aching from whatever happened back in the water and even without an hours rest, I was being dragged to the Kingdom of Fire, Krobet. My heart was thumping inside me and I was worried about what tortures will the hate-filled Prince will put me through.

Suddenly the carriage stopped and I heard a commotion. Slightly opening the curtains in the carriage I noticed an ambush. Dacoits had us surrounded. I didn't move or even try to run because I felt like this was my chance. Maybe the dacoits will kill me and I would not have to go through any kind of torture.

I heard the screams and cries and I covered my ears so that the fear and curiosity didn't make me open the carriage curtains. I grit my teeth together waiting for my carriage to be attacked. I was with the most expensive jewelry and a crown at the moment. But no attack happened and I uncovered my ears realizing it was eerie quiet out there.

But suddenly the carriage door open and I yelped a little realizing that I had been shaking.

"You are supposed to run in such scenarios, Ermeline." Prince Nazereth gave me a dry look.

"I was scared to open the door." I half lied.

"Come out, they want the Princess jewels and I promise I would give them." He said and I stood up walking slowly out the carriage.

I fell on the ground hurting my knee because my legs were still trembling.

The site outside made me terrified of the man next to me. Almost half the gathered people, the guards who came with me, the servants that were coming with me, everyone except me and Ciara from Udairis was dead, burned to death.

I gulped and looked a the leader of the dacoits, smiling slyly at me. He was roguishly handsome, young for his position a few years older than me. He had raven black hair and emerald green eyes that looked even greener in the forest.

 The cut over his lip looked painful as he smiled and I looked away from him.

"The jewels for now." He said and I pulled out all the precious item that I was wearing.

The rings, the necklace, the anklet, the bracelet, and the crown. While the Prince stood there not moving a muscle. He could have burned them as ruthlessly as he did with the people from Udairis but he was just letting the dacoit take the jewels.

"The earring too." He reminded and I tried unlocking it with my trembling hands.

"Quick Princess." Leader of the dacoits sounded agitated when the tiny lock didn't open.

And walked towards me making me stop in shock. He pulled out the half locked earring from my ear causing a tear on my ear lobe and making me scream as blood dripped down.

"Can we take the Princess?" He asked eyeing me with lust.

I held back the tears as Ciara rushed next to me and put a cloth over my bleeding ear.

"That's enough for now, maybe later." Prince Nazereth said casually like I was not a human but a thing.

Hate, anger, pain, misery all rose inside me but his sister's corpse flashed in my mind and I felt pity for the man that he had become. I felt a little dizzy and leaned on Ciara for support.

The dacoits started leaving but the leader stopped and came towards me.

"The brooch." He said and now I stiffened.

It was something that was connected to my past, only thing precious to me.

"No," I spoke up in a small tone.