⇞ haunted ⇞

Ermeline was no more the goody two shoes, she was not the princess who was kept locked in the tower, she was not the princess who cried over her fate and helped her friends, she was pure power and vengeance now. She was the sibling that got power unfairly and now was paying a price for it or maybe she was here paying the price of the crimes her father did.

Her soul was almost dead, maybe completely dead. And that is why it was getting difficult to control her. But that is why I was born, I needed to break this notion of Empath will bring destruction and a lot of pain will make her evil and other nonsensical things that people say.

But I wanted Nazereth gone. I didn't want him to see me doing things he didn't expect I would do. His disappointment and his sadness was something that bothered me more than it should. He should want a brave wife, someone who will be his strength but he was being dramatic for some reason.

"You can't kill her." Syrion asked even in his half dead state and when Ermeline was the one who injured him.

"No promises." 

"No, you won't kill her. That is not something you would do." He sounded unassure of his own words.

I needed to kill her though, because it was the only way to stop her and all the gem energy was not affecting me well. She was getting harder to control because I had power over spirits and not other elements and hers were slowly becoming water energy due to her gem.  It was unnatural way to obtain power and she was paying the price now.

"Don't worry about it, I will handle it." I said turning to Nazereth and gave him a kiss, kind of a farewell kiss.

He seemed in a trance after my words. I hated doing this to him. And yet it was for his own safety. He had fought enough battles in his life, have been injured and hurt enough, for once I can fight his battle for him. He has been scarred enough with the pain for a lifetime and if I was to take away his pain, I need to let him get closure and destroy the kingdom that killed his family.

A fleeting memories of his pain, made heart curl inside me and I clutched my chest as pain shot through it like a dagger being pierced.

"Hello Queen of Krobet, are you enjoying the positon you stole from me?"

Ermeline's sickly sweet tone snapped be back to senses.

Don't drown Zephora.

"You seek death, don't you?" I asked and sense a mere presence of her spirit.

That meant I still had hope.

"As much as you do."

"I don't, I want to live with the one I love forever."

And that made her laugh hysterically. 

I can't let go of this opportunity, if she lost her sense of spirit she would be hard to stop.

I commanded the soul of the dead to rise to surround her silently as I was reminded by the anger on Nazereth's face and decided to make people around her leave. Apparently killing them could annoy my husband.

"Don't kill her." Syrion requested again still there even though both Drian and Nazereth left on my command. 

Clarence might be mourning the sudden loss of his father.

"Leave." I snarled my words and obviously he did. 

When I said something people had little choice in what they want to do.

"Now it's just you and me Princess, why don't you do me a favor and stab yourself with that sword in your hand. " I said in a convincing tone, focusing all my soul energy and power in that command.