⇞dream ⇞

Queen, you are scaring me now.

Morel's distant voice felt like it was pulling me out of deep sleep.

"What happened to her?" Fergie was probably panicking more than she should.

I woke up, realizing my condition was worse than it should be. Every muscle and bone in my body ached and I could taste blood in my mouth. But the first thing I checked was my veil and sighed when it was in place.

"She is awake." The healer of the town said and Fergie came closer checking my condition when she had zero knowledge about this.

Her care made me feel grateful.

"Everyone is fine, the antidote is working." She said understanding what I would be asking next.

"King?" I whispered.

"Apparently, he didn't need the antidote, you somehow manage to even take his sickness in you. But with a stronger dose, you are fine too."

It happened again, the emotions as Empath was strong but it was strongest for Nazereth.

"Where is he?" I mumbled half wary, half hopeful.

"Leave us." He said in a boisterous tone as soon as he entered.

He was still here.

I didn't know for how long I was unconscious or why he was still here.

The healer immediately bowed to him while Fergie seemed a little reluctant.

"I would not repeat myself." He ordered and I saw the stoic Fergie shrink back from his gaze.

Morel was hiding well so I was not worried about being caught but I was worried why he wanted to talk to me. 

I was left alone with him in the room and I felt conscious of the surrounding.

The air was thick between us and I thought of something casual to say but he sat down next to me on the bed making me alert to his proximity.

"Zephora." His deliciously heavy yet soft voice said.

My heart trembled inside me, everything slowed down or maybe I felt like that. My breath was caught in my throat and I gulped left speechless at that moment.

What, why?  My mind could comprehend such things but my lips wouldn't move.

"Do you really think that I would not recognize you?" He said in a slightly amused tone.

Since I couldn't speak even then he continued.

"The veil did nothing wrong your voice and face were completely unrecognizable but what about the scars on your feet, your slender fingers, your obvious ability to take pain which I did see while you drugged me. For next time use something stronger  please."

My heart was hammering now and tears welled in my eyes.

He bent down closer and lifting his hand used his fingers to softly remove the veil off my face, I couldn't deny, I couldn't move. His fingers gently brushed my cheek, moving the veil away.

"You have a fragrance Zephora," He said my name again.

"A peculiar fragrance that I could recognize anywhere and besides that you are my wife, I have observed your slender form more than you and I care to admit, I am a man after all and I can admire my wife's delicate figure." He said with a sly smirk that suited him too well for me to glare at him.

I was barely out of love and here I was falling deeper somehow.

He would hurt me again, that's who he is, I will never be his priority and he has another wife now. Why is he even here? And why is he calling me by my name?