⇞ tower ⇞

"I don't think this is a good idea. I would rather not use my power." I said as we hid in the large forest near the palace entrance gate.

"I can't believe I am hiding in front of enemy kingdom, I am FireMaster."

"It was your plan, we could have done it another way," I said feeling partially excited about doing something like this.

"What another way?"

"A daughter visiting her father?" I said stating the safer option.

"But then we will be staying in the guest quarters and we can't reach the treasure point that easily. Just get this done once quickly when the night falls."

"You don't need to feel apologetic for this, I can do at least this much for my wife." He said and I felt grateful.

"What if we are caught?"

"Trust me a little Zephora." He said with his beautiful smile.

If only you knew how much I trusted you and it came to haunt me now.

"Trust me just a bit, if possible." His smile was gone but there was a soft look in his eyes as he let his warm gaze caress my face.

I nodded captured by his smooth tone and his enticing eyes.

"Ok, then we enter the palace at night. Till then let's hide." I said realizing I did know how to get in and out without being caught in the tower where Princess was kept.

"Where?" He asked surprised at my suggestion.

"Follow me."

He just chuckled at my words, "This is what I have been doing so far Zephora."

I sighed totally defeated by him and his words.

"This is where I watched the soldiers practice and heard the palace updates," I whispered as we sneaked passed the now empty practice grounds.

"You did what?" He asked with a slightly disapproving tone.

Detecting the obvious jealousy in him I had to chuckle, "I admired handsome soldiers."

He actually rolled his eyes at my words.

"I was trapped in a tower for as long as I could remember and before that, I was tortured as a slave, all I could do is dream about fairytale romance it was not like someone was going to fall in love with someone like me."  I shared one of my fears.

"Someone who is beautiful, kind, caring and good? I am scared too many might fall in love with you."

He was totally serious when he said that.

"Do not say such things," I mumbled heat rising to my face.

We hurried past the big lake that I and Princess sometimes came to enjoy our very own little picnic. Suddenly I heard some noise and we halted. I did not think for the fact that someone else might be here now that Princess was gone.

But then again, King didn't know about that.

We rushed passed the stables and I stopped realizing that the kitchen was near and I wondered if Fernett or Shyna was still there and if they were who did they cook for now? The familiar fragrance of freshly baked bread made me smile at the memories.

 I halted as I saw Fernett looking older and a little tired even though it has been less than two years.

"Everyone loved you," I mumbled to myself realizing they were the ones who first told me about Firemaster.