⇞ water-ride ⇞

Enebris Travellers were sea bandits, pirates that dwelled in the darkest part of waters finding treasures that no one dared to find. But being in the water meant that Udairis will feel it first and that might put Nazereth in danger not considering the fact that I tried to kill myself can be dangerous for Drian.

But Nazereth was taking this drastic decision of traveling through the waters to find Enebris Travellers. While everyone was on board the magnificent ship, my feet stopped at the port. I have seen many boats and have been on too many being the slave that was dragged everywhere. Somedays they would close us in the coal room and too much heat made us nauseous making us throw up the whole time.

Such times made it hard for me to believe that I was a princess because those were still memories and I was not sure if they were real. Whether there was a Spirit Kingdom and what my parents had to go through. It felt like a hazy dream. And I still couldn't remember most of it.

"Get on board Ermeline or do you want me to pick you up." He said agitated at the delay.

"I want you to pick me up," I said dryly knowing too well this will get on his nerves.

Since he did consider me leverage, I can get a little fun out of this and torture myself less while caring for a guy who hated me.

But I yelped in surprise as he took three large steps and gathered me in his arms like I weighed nothing. He actually picked me up and brought me on the deck. As he placed me down carefully I realized my cheeks and ears must be giving away what I was feeling, embarrassed.

"I didn't mean that," I mumbled.

"You were wasting precious time." He said not bothered by all this even a bit.

I can't tell him I hated the sea, I hated ships and I had terrible memories attached to it. Because a water princess afraid of the sea would not make sense.

He walked away to instruct his team while  I pretended to act all calm and collected even though I Knew as soon as we were on waters, nausea will hit me hard.

I hurried into my room so that I can hide from everyone and decided to sleep it over. No one would ask me a question and I would not think stupid things. But as soon as I stepped in the room, bad memories flooded my mind. It felt like I was trapped again in the little room with hundreds of other slaves and I will be starved for days. 

There was knock on the door and I had to focus hard to act normal whoever was on the other side of the room.

"Come in," I said after a moment and Ciara walked in.

"Drink this." She said and I did without asking.

And I slightly calmed down.

"What is this?"

"Something that cures seasickness." She said calmly.

If only it was seasickness.

I nodded gratefully nevertheless.

"Where are we going?" I asked not sure where these Enebris travelers are found.

"King's sea spies will give us an exact location, for now, we are traveling towards the Ash Mountain."

Being with a Princess gave me an advantage that I had lot of knowledge.

"Where Crandun resides?" I asked not believing we will go to a place known for sea monsters.

"Stories say Crandun caves hide treasure and a bead of power."

"What is the bead of power?"

"Princess told me it was a one-time wish bead filled with all elemental powers except the Spirit, you can ask for any power if you own the bead."