⇞ butter biscuits ⇞

Prince of Udairis, everyone called him that, the stoic perfect son and the next heir to the throne. The one who was accepted by the water element, one who led the army and the one who marched to Krobet and came back victorious but with a burned hand.

As he took off his armor, his burned hand came to view making me wince in my head at the horrible sight. But who burned him? The king? Because Nazereth at that was still returning from his training.

He grunted and threw away his sword. Since he helped his sister get away he was hiding here, maybe from the responsibilities.

Waves of anger were crashing on me from Nazereth, the hate was so evident that I was amazed Nazereth didn't step out and stabbed the Prince. 

And a saw rare sight of Nazereth building fire in his hand, the human, good part of him gone and his coal-black. as I saw his jaw tick in rage. He would burn the Prince alive, he was so angry but that would be useless and put everything he did to risk, a lot of innocent people would die and his parents will always be the traitors while his Kingdom would be under King of Udairis.

"No," I whispered and looked at his fire.

Like a magic spell, the fire was back in his eyes and he calmed down. It was amazing and kind of empowering to see how much I affected him.

"We could just burn the whole place down and say it was an accident." He whispered still controlling his anger.

"You know as well I do, what will follow next since yours is just not a simple flame, even healing water doesn't heal it." I showed him my ring finger and he winced.

"Who is there?" The Prince of Udairis might have sensed a presence.

"Do you trust me?" I asked because a plan was forming in my head.

"You know that I do." He answered like I was being ridiculous.

"Then follow my plan for this one and try to control your anger please," I said giving him a quick kiss on his cheek.

Before he could do something drastic, I stepped out as he furiously whispered my name behind me.

"Prince," I said and he literally moved too fast and picked up the sword he threw.

"What the hell are you doing here?" He asked and I thanked the Lord, Nazereth didn't step out with his own vendetta and respected my plan.

No one was a better option than the Prince himself to take me to the weapon room where the Spirit Weapon was left. 

"I missed Princess and came here to spend some days alone." I used my best convincing tone pouring a little bit of power hoping he would not detect power presence from Firemaster himself.

"Does your husband know?" He asked still with an attack stance.

"We- we have been not on very good terms, he doesn't like me very much," I lied pretending to be sad.

He lowered his sword a little still looking wary.

"I see you miss her too," I said trying to get him talking.

"I don't remember us being confidants maid girl." He grunted and I Nodded not stretching my limit.

"You can leave now?" He said not killing me thankfully.

"Can I stay a little longer, please, I will be a ghost. I don't want to go to a place where I am tortured daily."

He looked at me and I was reminded of Ermeline's eyes.

"Be a ghost then."

He said and sighed walking away looking awful in honesty.

"I can make you some tea or anything else if you like?" I asked my tone growing softer seeing he was actually distraught.