⇞ disbalance ⇞

There comes a point in human life when they break and usually never bring another human to this point. That is what happened to make all hell break loose and you realize that there was never anyone trustworthy or there was never one you could hold on to. I hope that no human is subjected to that kind of pain. 

But life is unfair and you are made to bear pain in life, it makes you strong but it also makes you weak and sometimes people forget this.

"What is he doing here?" Nazereth looked visibly upset over the fact that Jillian came here.

"I already told you like zillion times now," I said kind of surprised that this bothered him that much.

Was he overly scary kind of possessive?

Did he believe that I didn't love him enough? Hating Clarence was one thing but annoyance on Jillian was a bit too much.

"No Zephora, I am asking why is here? I knew you asked for his help but why would he come all the way for you." He sounded annoyed, more than annoyed.

"Because he is a good person," I said unsurely.

He sighed and gave me a dry look.

"He looks honestly worried about you."

"You do know I love you," I said as calmly as possible.

"I do and I wonder."

Same here, I guess.

"Even if the male species on the whole planet falls in love with me Nazereth, I will still love you. Every fiber in my being is in love with you and all I can think about is you and how to keep you safe and happy. What does that tell you?" I said in a small voice feeling slightly embarrassed at my blatant confession.

He sighed and gave me one of those small smiles that made me heart jump.

"Every time I look at you, I remember the things I did to you. The first mark I left was burning your finger and a scar that could never heal. Lately, I was given a memory jog when we are dacoits paths and I sent you to die in the forest and endless things that haunt me still. And every time you smile at me it makes me wonder why does she love me? Why is she still here? How can she not hate me after all I did? How can she stay here and accept to take the pain of a man who is broken to the core? What does that tell you?" He asked in a solemn tone that made me heartache.

He doubted himself to deserve any love just like I doubted myself to be the strength to someone  I love. 

"It tells me that I am an Empath and I can feel every emotion you feel so I have always understood your pain. And never, even at your worst, you did something that was not worth redemption. I know how kind your soul is, how good you are, and deserve all the love. And I have loved you, Azer, when you branded me as a spy, how could I not love you now?"

Seconds passed and then he stepped forward and pulled me in for a hug.

"Ah, I did not know I can love someone, feel so many emotions before I met you. I am sorry if I came out to be jealous but I was. You are beautiful and kind and just goodness everyone desires in this world Zephora. And it doesn't sit well with me when anyone else threatens my position in your heart. Both men than admire you are princes of a well-built kingdom and they are not broken as I am, they never hurt you as I did." He shared his set of worries.

I did not need to hear it but it was glad that he said those words out loud.

"Position in my heart?" I chuckled at his words, "There is no position to take, you are the sole resident."