⇞ reign of terror ⇞

* This chapter is written in third PoV, because that defines the flow of the story well, have fun!*

Ciara thought a hundred times about not handing over the note to the spy. But she was born and given life by Udairis and she cannot betray her King, her homeland. No matter she much to care about the slave girl, she couldn't just turn against the King she respected and feared. 

A tear escaped her eyes as she handed over the note to the spy finally. This was on her if anything happened to Zephora, it was on her. She informed King of Udairis about her sudden departure, her abrupt change in attitude, and how she was one and the only liability Nazereth had. She spent the whole evening in her bed, crying and thinking about what would follow and if anyone ever knew her truth, she would be hated. She would be hated by Zephora who seem to treat her like family.

Maybe someone like her was not ever worth trusting.

Maybe if she didn't sent a note so loyally, someone would end her life and that would be a relief.

The noise of ruckus outside the palace woke Ciara up. Other maids were already up and she carefully made her way to the window from where the courtroom and the courtyard was visible.

King looked furious like if anyone would walk his way, they will burn.

But his best friend walked closer to him and patted his shoulder as if trying to console him. And Ciara wondered if this was her doing.

Darren looked at his distraught friend, last time he looked like this was one he found out his Kingdom has perished and he was now named a traitor who was plotting to kill the prince's of all other Kingdom.

His whole face was pale, his eyes the horrifying shade of coal and his lips trembling with emotions building inside him.

"How did this happen?" He asked in a terrifying low voice.

"We don't know, last we know she went with you." Fergie answered in a small tone.

Tears were rolling down her eyes as she re-read the note from the King of Udairis. He had Zephora captured and he would kill her for being a menace. She would be spared if Nazereth handled Ermeline for him instead. The man wanted his own daughter dead so bad that he captured Queen of Krobet to get the work done. He knew well enough that at this point only someone as powerful as Nazereth could handle it.

"This is not possible, why would she leave?" He shouted and for a second his brain ticked.

Why would she use her power on me like this? He wondered.

He was hurt because she did it but he couldn't be angry, he had done things ten times worse to her but this was not her, this was not his Zephora. And this was not bravery or sudden anger, this was something else, something he never thought he would see in his wife.

"We can find her." Fergie said with shaking voice and Darren wrapped his arms around her shoulder.

Even in that second he remembered what Zephora said about Darren liking Fergie and he just laughed it off. She was right, she usually is.

"How?" He asked trying to be gentle to Fergie since she was not only Zephora's friend, she was also now someone Darren admired.

"Our Leader," She said and Nazereth remembered the Blood Assassins and their uncanny ability to find people.

He nodded and Fergie immediately walked away to do use her ability all Blood Assassins used, summon the crows to deliver the message. Markheen can find her, she could find anybody and that is all Fergie can hope.