⇞ stupor ⇞

The clouds rumbled in the sky and the woman's feet hastened. It was pouring down hard and her hands were covered in blood. In the distance, she could hear the screams the noise and the death. She didn't stop, for once she decided to be selfish.

Her thin clothes were sticking to her body and she shivered as cold reached her bones.

"There is she?" A man called out from a distance and she tried to run but her condition wouldn't allow her to move any faster.

"Catch her, we need this one dead." Another man added and she heard the sound of arrows being shot at her.

She saw more men coming from front as several soldiers surrounded her.

There was no escaping this, there was no saving the life she wanted.

So she stopped.

"No one will come near me or I shall kill you all." She warned her voice weak with exhaustion and wounds.

But they didn't take her warning seriously.

She counted till three in her head and then using all the energy left in her she called on her power. The dark sky darkened further and the wind blew with fierceness. The root of the trees started shaking and the gathered soldiers looked scared of one frail woman standing there causing all this.

And then it happened one by one the soldiers started dropping dead and their souls burned inside them. Some tried to attack her but she was not even letting them breathe as one by one every soul burned around her. Giving out a final cry as her energy abandoned her she let out a blast killing everyone in close vicinity and herself fell on the ground.

Her eyes grew heavy and her last thought was that she couldn't die just yet.

The loud knock on the door ended my nightmare or dream whatever it was. When I woke up I was crying and my forehead was beaded with sweat. Ciara rushed to open the door as there was another urgent loud knock.

"Get out." Nazereth addressed Ciara who bowed and left the room closing door behind her.

I pulled my sheets closer to my chest covering myself since I was wearing a thin cotton nightdress after I got a warm room and a nice quilt.

It was way past the middle of the night and I was scared to see him in my room.

"What did you say I was not better than that brutal King of Udairis?" He slurred in a tone of anger.

He was drunk and it kind of eased me to see he was atleast not barging in my room sober.

"You made me wear that joke of a dress where people an get a good view and asked me to dance. You humiliating me like that does not make you a better human, just a vindictive human." I said trying to sound brave after I saw that hooded woman kill hundreds of souls to save someone she loved.

Taking larger steps he came closer, his eyes red and snatched the sheet away from me making me shrink smaller in embarrassment.

"Why? Are you afraid now? Since I am not a better person than the King, I should at least live up to my name." He said climbing up on the bed and I  almost pushed my back against the back of the bad that it was hurting me now. I didn't have the space to move and fear gripped my heart.

His eyes met mine and I didn't dare blink, I was so terrified in the moment. He moved closer, his coal-like eyes staring back at mine with no emotion in them.