⇞ rescue plan? ⇞

Though I have been on Syrion's boat before, It never got easy. As soon as it entered harsh waters my stomach started somersaulting inside me. I sat there barely holding myself together. I missed Nazereth terribly right now.

"It seems he likes my sister a little too much." Clarence sounded annoyed and amused at the situation.

At this, I managed to give him a pained smile.

"You look kind of green." He commented on my state of nausea.

"I guess I am seasick." I managed to mumble.

"How did you even convince the Prince you were from the Water Kingdom."

"He had his doubts and your father advertised me as his daughter which was enough proof to convince anyone," I said no trying to observe the tides too much.

"I would have calmed the sea down but that would alert my father."

He offered in a gentle tone.

"I think I will survive, it's okay," I said focusing on merely breathing at the moment and not throwing up.

"Think about something else then, tell me something interesting." He said trying his best.

It made me wonder how he was this gentle soft-spoken man and in the field, he was the ruthless prince of Udairis hated and feared like his father was.

"You don't have to bring discomfort to yourself and forcefully talk to me. I know you hate unnecessary talking." I said offering him a way out.

He sighed and looked at the sea.

After a silent moment, he said, "Back home I have no one to talk to. My soldiers fear me, my own sibling is locked up in a different tower and I can't make friends because my father says trust no one. Maybe that is why I am adapt to talk much."

I have been tortured and sold and hurt but I always had someone to talk to, Princess, Drian, Ciara, Myron till my I found the love of my life.

It sounded sad, lonely, and a terrible way to live life when we know there is only one.

I gulped fighting the queasiness, "In Udairis there is a bazaar, especially a point where slaves and illegal things are sold. Almost every month I would be taken to the market and they would place me on the middle stage among the other girls and people bid. I would stand there for hours under the sun till no one would buy me as rashes formed all over me and people thought I was with some contagious disease."

A silence fell between us as I shared my little piece of truth.

Clarence suddenly gave a frustrated sigh and buried his face in his hands.

"He is just overpowering other kingdoms and not care about people in our own kingdom. We have so many slaves and broken families of the dead that I don't even know. But here I am running around like a soldier who knows nothing except war."

"If only Ermeline could have taken the throne," I said to make him feel better in my own awkward way.

But he chucked a little, "She turned into a pirate as soon as she was set free from the tower, she was the one meant to take the sword and not me. When I started fighting in the war, I used to throw up after seeing little blood. I grew bolder over time but lost my sleep over it." He said.

"I also suffer from nightmares," I said in a small tone.

Nazereth hated him and he had the right to. If only Clarence had enough courage to go against his father and do the right thing.

"Tell me, did the firemaster fell in love at first sight with you?" He asked lightly changing the topic.

At this, I scoffed.