⇞ the weapon ⇞

On the dawn of the fourth day when Nazereth came to find me, I was hanging by the threads of my soul and life. The distant murmurs, the concerned whispers surrounded me and I could feel the warm tears trickle down my eyes. I needed to get up or else he will leave me, he will go to the war. And I would follow him all alone and I will be too late. His revenge will take over.

"Tell me, Myron, what is wrong with her," Nazereth yelled his voice getting clearer in my head.

I felt others leave, more exactly, their souls leave the premises.

Now only Myron and Nazereth left.

And most importantly Morel I could feel Morel but it didn't have a soul, it had a spirit.

"The use of a weapon, this little knife." He said and I tried my best to wake up, pull myself up before I was left again, considered weak again.

"And the blood." He sounded terrified and miserable.

But thankfully not of me.

"Is hers. She made those to herself."

"Why?" His voice was thick with emotion.

"I don't understand the ways of the weapon but I think it made her powerful enough and yet vulnerable to other souls and their feelings or pain I am guessing."

"What will I do Myron, what will I do without her?"

My heart wrenched inside me as I heard him crying.

"She is fine," Myron said with obvious doubt in his voice.

Yes, I am fine. I wanted to yell but my body wouldn't move.

Morel, help me.

Queen, thank God you are awake. I can't help you, you have to pull yourself out, you are drowning in overwhelming emotion.

I realized he was right, I was drowning. That is why couldn't move, couldn't breathe properly and I have to swim through this darkness. The tears from my eyes were unstoppable and I wonder if Nazereth could see it.

I tried to call him out but it seems he was crying and I knew he would leave after that, he would leave for war.

The weapon Queen, use it. Did we practice right?

Yes, yes, we did. I have used every waking hour to learn about it, use it, and enhance my power through it. At first, it didn't work and but all I needed was to connect my soul with the weapon's energy. And I knew at once at the surge in me, the weapon's power.

It felt it as if an ocean of souls opened for me, dark souls, gleaming souls, and souls with a vendetta, living souls, souls beyond redemption. And every single emotion and feeling from them somersaulted inside me. It was pain beyond a relief, darkness without a path out, a tunnel without air and I was all alone.

Every part of my body ached just like souls I could feel did. My brain was burning and my heart was being sliced with a poisoned knife.

In that immense agony, I felt a woman sobbing somewhere like she was helpless, guilty, sad, and yet here tiny, tiny emotion of hope reminded me to breathe.

"Mother," I said and she looked up.

Aside from her red puffed eyes, she was beautiful. Her black hair cascaded down from her shoulder to her waist in soft waves. Her cheekbones were sharp shaded delicate pink and her well-defined lips trembled as more tears tumbled down her eyes. Her attire was en elegant black gown, wrapped around tighter on her waist and flowing like the night sky with stars below her waist.