⇞ unwanted guests ⇞

The dinner, the welcome ceremony went without any trouble but my heart was at unrest. I couldn't sleep or eat properly and I felt dizzy all the time. On the second night, there was a  knock on the door and scared out of my wits I rushed to open the door surprising a half-asleep Ciara.

I opened the door hoping and saw a smiling Drian at the door.

"Can I come in?" He whispered with a twinkle in his eyes that I missed.

I nodded a quick yes.

"This is dangerous," Ciara whispered as I closed the door.

But I pulled Drian for a hug and started sobbing.

"Sister I missed you too." He said in a sad tone.

"I am fine, honestly I am good here."

"He doesn't mistreat you knowing who are you," Drian asked surprised how I can be good.

"No, he is kind." I lied for both Drian's and Nazereth's sake.

But Drian didn't look too convinced.

He apologized repeatedly for my fate that was because of him while I tried to convince him again and again that I was fine.

Through the night we sat there talking and playing games we played as kids. It was four in the morning when I urged him to leave because I knew King would wake up anytime soon. And when he pulled me for a hug I realized how I was used to be taller than him and now I was up against his shoulder.

He was the only family I needed to protect besides Nazereth now and I hated how they were on the opposite side of the war.

 I dragged myself to breakfast as I had only a couple of hours of sleep.

"Quick My Queen, there is a grave matter." A maid rushed towards me as I walked down the stairs.

"What is it?"  I asked worried that everyone must have died already.

"A jewel has been stolen from King's collection and several guards from Udairis are arrested as suspects."

My heart sunk low on hearing her words and I rushed to the grounds.

Several guards sat there chained, Prince of Udairis looked displeased but he can't oppose King in his own territory. My eyes landed on Drian and my heart clutched painfully in my chest.

I felt numb and helpless, because right now they were all thieves and they could be interrogated, tortured and even killed even King commanded.

And torture by Firemaster would not be pleasant.

"Your Highness," I said as I walked next to him.

He looked up and a frown formed on his face.

"You need not witness this." He said," Go inside Ermeline."

Don't do this. I wanted to get down on my knees and beg him.

But if I begged for just guards and soldiers he would be suspicious.

"Maybe if you could let them stay in dungeon without water and food, they might speak up." I offered a solution better than torture from a furious King.

"I am still the King and I will decide what is needed to be done here." He sounded stern.

This was a trap to kill them all. 

"Let's start with the back." He said and second, from the back was Drian.

A tall well-built man walked with a whip in his hand. King flicked his finger and whip caught fire.