⇞ invitation ⇞

I was humming as I took a bath. And everyone around me could judge that my mood was better than it has ever been. A little part of me worried that King was kind of drunk that forgot everything that happened. But when I walked down for breakfast and sat down next to him, the little tinge of pink on his cheeks suggested otherwise.

In these moments I could still witness his old self and it gave me assurance that he will always hold that good in him no matter the situation.

"Good Morning Your Highness," I said in an upbeat tone.

He just nodded and I had to smile at his flustered expression.

"Is the hangover too much?" I said carefully checking.

"No, it's fine." He said in a solemn tone.

"I really hope you remember everything?" I asked holding back my smile.

"I hope you do too." He said this time looking at me.

My lips tingled just by the thought of the kiss and blush crept it and I nodded slowly.

But I realized I promised him, I wouldn't talk.

So I made a sealing my lips gesture and ate in silence.

"Ermeline." He said and I felt the ache in my chest for the first time.

I wanted him to call me by my real name.

Will he hate a doomed Empath more than Princess of Udairis?

"I still don't trust you." 

I nodded not affected by his words, they were more like reasons for himself he needed to feel less guilty. It doesn't matter, I am here for him no matter how long it takes. He has never done anything to hurt me emotionally even if I was never his priority. He has only grown to tolerate me, come to care for me and maybe like me enough to kiss me like that.

I sincerely hoped it was not just the alcohol.

"And I might not talk to you much till I understand what you can do." He sounded more miserable about this than I felt.

I shrugged casually and patted his arm.

He looked up surprised at my touch. And I moved away realizing I couldn't even do that, I can see what he feels so he might feel unfair on this too. I should learn how to control this.

But surprising me, he took my hand in his and I stopped breathing. This time he is sober.

"But we both know I don't hate you. I still don't know if I should trust this feeling, I still don't know many things but you should know that what I did last night was not out of impulse or just some drunken mistake. I thought about it, over and over again." 

I felt warm all over but I couldn't speak so I just let my eyes do the talking that brimmed with tears.

"I have come to like you and it's your fault of being too good to a man who has no one left in his life."

He likes me. Likes me, Likes me.

"Don't look at me like that. I still can't believe it myself. I thought my heart died for anything but revenge"

So I just smiled happily and gestured giving my heart to him on which he just shook his head looking amused.

His lips lifted very slightly, "Please stop it."

I nodded solemnly as he still held my hand, his thumb subconsciously caressing it.

His eyes landed on my finger ring and the little mark burn I had from the day he put the ring on. A frown formed on his face. He looked slightly remorseful and confused.