⇞ failed rescue plan ⇞

As far as the prison goes, I can say the Air Kingdom had the best one by far. Made of white brick walls and filled with a pleasant fragrance of sandalwood, it was peaceful. Just the bars in front of it made it prison otherwise the wooden bed and a delicate candlestand next to it made it into a minimalistic traveler room.

"This was a stupid move, Queen." Clarance sounded a little angry.

"I thought we all will separate here and then Ermeline might hate me forever if I lost her brother and her lover."

"Your staying out would have been better," Syrion added sounding even angrier.

"Stop reprimanding the Queen," Fergie spoke up for me.

At least one person was not angry.

"But we would never have been caught and called for more help," Fergie said almost indignantly and I realized that all of them were angry at me.

"Can we focus on our mission first?" I asked slightly snapping at them.

"Ermeline is here, for sure," Clarence added in a serious tone.

"In the dungeons?"

"In the palace," Clarence said.

"I can call for Jillian," I said there was maybe some hope there.

"The Prince?" Clarence asked in a shocked tone.

"Umm...yes. I kind of know him." I said hoping he was still a good person like the last time I met him.

"Ok, then give it a try," Syrion said impatiently.

"Excuse me, I need some help," I said putting my power to use.

"Why would he do that?" Syrion sounded agitated.

"Yes?" The prison guard said.

"Please call for Prince Jillian?" I said in the softest most convincing tone ever.

The guard didn't even hesitate or blink, he just nodded. And it was after I was without the weapon since they took it all away.

And yet I could still feel like we were connected.

But before the poor guard could call for anyone three men dressed in healer like clothes came and opened the gates.

"Take them to the mountain." One of them said.

They might just push us down from a great height. But I could convince them otherwise.

If I was just not afraid of using my power I would have done so much better.

Last time I overused my power during the plague I almost died. What will happen if I survive after taking on all those emotions?

"Take us to another Enebris traveler you captured, Now," I yelled at him frustrated that I am trapped yet again and couldn't be of much help.

Three healers looked shocked.

Clarence could cause a war if he used his powers, mostly I have kept him in shadows, while Syrion on earth was almost as useless as Fergie. He was good at combat and stuff but his powers mostly worked on his ship and on the waters. He was a pirate for a reason and not some land bandit.

It was surprisingly up to me to handle this.

"But we are taking you there." He mumbled back like in a trance.

"Ok then," I said feeling a little stupid.

"Why do they listen to you?" Clarence asked in a tone of suspicion.