⇞ The Same Fate ⇞

"It was not my idea." Syrion was somewhere between agitated and scared.

"This man has killed my whole family and now he wants to do it again." Nazereth sounded incredibly dangerous.

Had I not been on his good side I would have feared him.

"I would never hurt her," Clarence said through gritted teeth.

"I don't like your tone, Prince." Nazereth voice carried heavy threats and anger.

It made me wonder how Clarence was still alive.

"I can't believe she would do that for me," Ermeline said in a weak tone and I realized that is why Clarence was still breathing.

"P-Prin-cess." I managed to speak trying hard to open my eyes.

"She is awake," Fergie called out.

"Leave us," Nazereth commanded.

And by the time my vision turned clearer all of them were leaving.

"Hi," I said weakly giving my husband the best smile I could muster.

I grabbed his hand and felt a tinge of anger and annoyance, a ton of relief and love.

"Why would you do that?", He asked in a grim tone.

"I couldn't just leave her."

"No, I mean why would you call Clarence for help but couldn't ask me." He said and I got back up struggling a bit.

"Lie down." He said carefully but I cupped his cheeks instead and gave him kiss.

He sighed and shook his head.

"Don't think that would solve anything."

I nodded and gave him another kiss on his cheek.

"You went out there in an enemy kingdom without me, you could have died." He was trying his best to maintain his anger and this time I gave a kiss on his other cheek.

"Do you for a moment imagine what would happen to me if something happened to you Zephora?" He asked in a tired tone.

His anger was gone at least.

"You would probably burn down a few kingdoms," I said in a light tone.

"It would kill me." He stated simply.

Tears welled in my eyes at his words.

"I am sorry," I mumbled since I was at loss for words.

And then he pulled me in for a hug almost crushing his body to mine like I would disappear if he let go.

"Don't do this again." He said it like it was a request and a warning somehow.

I nodded immediately.

"Now it's your turn king," I said remembering I was supposed to be annoyed too.

"I thought we moved to Azer."

Unfair that he had the face and the words to charm women.

"You went without saying a word and I was home alone when Syrion came asking for help. If you had been there I would not have asked anyone else for help." I said indignantly.

He inhaled sharply.

"I was worried you might want to come with me again." 

"So you can walk in danger without me but I can't," I said making a point in a small tone.

"I-I didn't think about that."

"Why, do you think I will survive if something happened to you?" I retorted.