⇞ courage ⇞

"Stop giving me looks of doubt Zephora, you are insulting my love for you." He said with amusement.

I healed right in front of him, I told him I could use the weapon and harness the souls around me. I told him that I met his parents and sister and they found me pretty. I told him I had blurry memories of my pain-filled past and yet he was in their creating a few good memories I ever had.

So it made me wonder if he hated me, feared me, found me disgusting or different, or just simply insane. And it an attempt to hold my power back I was trying not to feel what his emotions were right now but I couldn't help but take a peek at him.

Of course, he caught me.

"I am just... worried," I said sighing 

"About what?"

"About you doubting my sanity," I confessed.

"I am taking you to the battlefield with me, you are here with me in the carriage I think I trust you more than you give me credit for."

He interlaced our fingers and kissed the back of my hand.

"Calm down," He said his words worked like wonders for me.

I did calm down.

He knew almost all the things I saw in that dream or whatever it was except the fact that somewhere deep down I feared that the darkness would have engulfed me and I didn't want to come back. That at the moment, I was battling through several emotions of uncountable souls.

The feeling of nausea was not wearing off and Morel said it would take time to get used to it. But he was not sure of it.

"When we reach the war area, you are going to stay with me," Nazereth said strictly.

"Do you think I would let you out of my sight?" I asked in an incredulous tone.

"Of course not, you are here instead of resting so I don't think you would leave me alone."

"Don't underestimate me," I said and sounded a little whiny.

"I will never. You are almost invincible, kind, and beautiful. I don't think anyone could ever underestimate you."

No wonder he was the one who kept my childhood happy and normal, he was still doing it.

"Ah, I love you," I mumbled.

My words made him chuckle. He pushed my hair off the shoulder kiss the nook of my neck making me gasp out loud. I was not mentally or physically prepared for that.

"You can't do this here," I said wide-eyed at his gesture.

"Here?" He smirked, "Let me know when and where can I do this then?"

I looked away blushing furiously and feeling embarrassed.

But it surprised me how the whole nauseous feeling was almost gone now.

I was surprised to find Jillian and Clarence at the borders. Why was Clarence here? He was supposed to be guarding his kingdom. I knew about certain plans my husband might be having and that involved the army he gathered over a couple of years.

It made me wonder if the blood gem did control those fiends and they will obey Nazereth and not kill in cold blood. Griffins were equally scary. And I didn't even have the idea of how lethal the bandits were.

"If her water powers get out of hand, I need to here." He clarified like he could hear my thoughts.

Nazereth clutched my hand tightly into his but as soon as he let it go to hold the air kingdom map Jillian gave him, I realized I was holding on to hope. I gasped out loud, nausea taking over. My feet gave away beneath me.