⇞Re-attempt ⇞

I was pacing in my room thinking about how to tell Nazereth my whole truth and imagined all the scenarios in my head of how it might go.

There was a light knock on my door which was the signature style of Fergie, a few seconds later she walked in looking disappointed and wary. 

"A mission? In Udairis? No way in hell." She said and realized her tone, "Your Highness." Added to her own benefit.

"My husband agreed to it," I said pretend like I was forced to come home when in reality I wanted to go back.

I missed Ciara, I missed the library, I missed the kitchen and friends I made.

I even missed Myron.

"Where is your cat?" She asked eyeing suspiciously because she has never seen me without Morel around.

"That creature loves Nazereth more than me," I added dryly.

She cleared her throat and said awkwardly, "He is quite good looking."

She said it like she was confessing to a crime and that made me chuckle. Every female on this planet knew he was good looking to a fault.

"Help me Fergie, I love him," I said not sure who else to share this with.

"Then what is the problem?"

That he doesn't love me as much as I love him and I have a secret that might break everything.  I have seen his trust break too easily, I have seen the worst of him and now he adored me. As much as I was basking in the warmth of his love, I was afraid that once again I will go through the same pain as I did. And this time It will be my fault because I was a coward to share the truth.

At this point, I was scared too lose him and scared to go back to him. And yet I wanted to protect him.

"Don't go for him, go for yourself. I know how you will barely live a life without him. You said his main aim was a vendetta, his life's mission is revenge and yet here he is courting you and your forgiveness."

I gave her a smile for lifting a burden off my chest.

He was here. That is all mattered. He could have just let me go and tried to forget about me but living everything he has worked for and everything that his heart ached for, he came for me. 

"Will you come?" I asked.

"I want to, I have never had a proper family and for some reason, I find solace around you." She confessed surprising me.

"I will ask Markheen about this."

This made her smile, "Are you a little too eager to go back home?"

Maybe, I was but before that, we had the mission to handle. And if we survived that I will tell Nazereth about myself and see if he accepts me. If he does not, I will spend my life protecting him without him knowing. Just the mere scenario in my head made my heartache.

"I wish I could come along for this mission as well." She said looking worried.

"I am really glad you aren't, this is not going to be fun."

"But I know Firemaster can protect you." She had faith in him and the reputation that preceded him.

I just hope people have forgotten about the Empath of the Spirit Kingdom.

It felt like I was back to being a kid, as I stood watching Morel and Nazereth battle each other. Among one of my retrieved memories, I and Nazereth would play in his forest with Morel and I would laugh and squeal trying to escape these two as I tried my power to misguide them.