⇞ journey ⇞

*third-person POV*

Elemental gods were punishing them, these humans who were so greedy for power that they would do anything to protect it. Not sure when it started or what lead to this day when the tyrannic role of Sverre, the feared King of Udairis who was dead now. He was powerful, sure but it was more of his conniving nature that won him the power that he died for.

And today the kingdoms were falling, air kingdom and water kingdom united in the war against earth and fire Kingdom. The chaos predicted was already here and everything was crumbling down to pieces.

The wall of protection was breaking and this time maybe, it required a human to pay the price of all the evils in the world caused by humans themselves. 

Nazereth held Ermeline as long as possible within his Fire Ring and there came a point when he could have killed her but he couldn't. Firstly because he wondered if he killed her, will his wife ever forgive him?

And secondly, Syrion who was ready to die to protect Ermeline. That angered Nazereth but then he thought how he would have done the same for Zephora.

But most importantly, as the Air Kingdom waged war on the Earth Kingdom, Markheen arrived two days later.

That was the time he knew Ermeline was not the focus, it has been a long time since Udairis has not been his focus, someone else was. He had a clear chance to wipe out the Kingdom that made him lose everything and then assist the Earth Kingdom against the Air Kingdom but when Markheen came he knew, this was not his war, yet.

She told him where Zephora was, how bad her condition was and Nazereth knew he had to leave and find her. He had to save the most important thing in his life. He was furious when among the chaos caused Morel to talk her away and he struggled to focus on anything but her.

And now this news came and he felt a piece of him shattering slowly. 

Markheen said she was fatally wounded but how? How did she even manage to reach a kingdom on the farthest corner? His inside curled up and chest tightened in discomfort. He can't lose her, he won't lose her. And for a moment it felt like he was being destroyed all over again when the news of his family came to him on the last day of forest training.

"She is no more cursed now," Markheen said with a rough breath.

She was still healing from her injury.

"How?"

"She gave up everything, her weapon, her evilness brewing inside her, her souls that made her invincible, annulled everything bad and became good and pure. Its a miracle in its' own sense she is alive." She said with a sad tone like anytime now Zephora would die.

"I will go to the Spirit Kingdom," Nazereth said with pure determination.

"She is going through immense pain right now, you can't even imagine, besides the physical injury, she is also tolerating the scars on her souls. She has gone through the pain of multiple suffered souls and it must be ripping her from inside from what her mother used to tell me, Without the weapon, there is nothing to share her pain, nothing to anchor her to the earth because in that much agony all she will think about is death."

"No, she will not die. She has lived without weapon before, she can obviously do that again."

Markheen nodded looking half convinced.

"Be careful though, the Spirit Kingdom they say is haunted." 

"It doesn't matter. If you promise to keep Darren and my Kingdom safe, I promise I would owe you one." Nazereth said knowing it was a big deal to owe assassins.