⇞ agitation ⇞

Over the days my condition worsened. I dreamt of weird things and things that would wake me up screaming in the middle of the night. 

"Nothing anywhere. No cure found yet." Ciara would come and update me with the same depressing news.

But that was not the worst part, the worst part was the King who ignored me like a plague. He would never visit or even send someone to check up on me. Maybe seeing those marks all over me made him rethink his choice to trust me. 

Whatever the reason was it made me miss him immensely. I was making a mistake but even then I wanted to be with him, help him through all the sadness and misery.

After eight days of waiting and no contact from the King, I decided to step out of the imprisoned rest I was put under. Ciara was sound asleep and by now I was well equipped in escaping her. My eyes were burning and I was pretty sure I had a temperature.

I made way to King's room, now the worst he can do is get angry at me.

Through the silence of the halls, my careful footsteps made more noise than I thought.

"Why do you want to save the devil's daughter." A familiar voice yelled.

It was Prince from the Earth Kingdom. My feet came to a halt as I waited for King to speak.

He sighed so heavily that it could be heard across the closed door.

"She is leverage."

"No, we both know she is not. She is not a spying material, she is not powerful, she is just a Princess that had been kept prisoner in her own Kingdom. If some poison is killing her, let it be." Darren said hatefully.

"You don't mean that," Nazereth answered in a tired tone.

Darren didn't answer.

My heart was thudding loudly in my chest just listening to the conversation.

The hurt was building in my chest how I was of little value to anyone.

"We need her till I gather forces of Air Kingdom and Blood Assasins seem to favor her," Nazereth said.

Darren scoffed at his words while my heart dropped in heavy disappointment. My eyes welled with tears as I held my breath. Though my heart couldn't hear anymore my feet remained frozen.

"I don't know about any cure, even if I did I wouldn't say. And if air Kingdom doesn't have it then no one does." Darren sounded agitated.

"I need to find a cure, she can't die, Darren," Nazereth yelled surprising me with the intensity in his voice.

"Ask your court physician then, one who gave her the poison," Darren added bitterly and picked up his sword.

This was my cue as I ran to the nearest hiding place which was the library. Even if I was caught, it won't be suspicious.

Few seconds passed and no one came, the grief hit me and I fell on the ground my knees growing weak. I don't remember how long I cried.

The humming of the song woke me up, the familiar humming of Nazereth's sister.

"Who are you?" I heard the voice and nearly jumped in fear.

"Princess...I mean I am the wife of King Nazereth." Calling myself Queen was still too much to handle.

"My brother's wife?" She asked even though I couldn't see her.

"Yes," I answered in a small voice.

"But he loved someone else, didn't he?"

She died I wanted to say but my throat was choked with emotions.