⇞ fiends ⇞

They said only a fire master can ride it. They said there were no dragons but here it was and it sat down spreading its magnificent wings across as if inviting me to sit. 

"What are you staring at?" Darren asked and I looked around helplessly not able to explain to him what I could see.

So I turned back and looked at the dragon instead. It was a split-second decision when Myron clapped his hand and some sparkling dust spread across, making Darren and Ciara fall asleep immediately.

"You can see a spirit?" He asked astounded and awed.

I nodded carefully.

"Then go save the King." He said not treating me like I am absurd or not right in my head and handed me the medical kit.

I climbed on dragon's back and it roared making me tremble in fear as it rose from the ground. My heart stopped as it rose high in the sky and I felt slightly nauseous as I looked down. 

"Can you find the Fire master?" I asked the dragon feeling dumb yet hopeful.

It roared again and stormed through the sky as I clutched to its scale for my dear life.

I don't honestly know what path he took or where we went because most of the time I had my eyes squeezed shut as I mumbled praying that I would stay alive and that the spirit should not vanish once I get there.

As it landed and the sound of wind gushing past me stopped I opened my eyes, my hands, and nose cold. I blinked the tears formed in my eyes and stepped down carefully, hurting my leg and arms in process and making the dragon roll its eyes.

"I am not a skilled Dragon Rider." I defended myself but the dragon was in no mood.

"Stay?" I asked in a pleading tone.

But the next moment I realized my surroundings. They were dark or did it take that long to travel that day changed to the night. 

This was as far as a dragon could help so I had to start walking to the only path I see, a cave.

Fear gripped my heart and I literally wanted to sit down and cry because I was here for a man who hated me but was actually so good and pure that my heart ached for him. 

Fireflies.

I thought and walked into the cave. As if this was not worse the stone dropped and the entry to the cave was closed or to say my exit. Not that I feared death but I wanted to see if Nazereth was alive.

So I called out in a shamefully weak trembling tone, "Nazereth."

If he heard me I would be dead any way for addressing the King by his name.

His name echoed through the cave.

There was the only sound of water dripping and wind through the cave, it was cold and my already hurt body was not reacting well to it. After walking for a while I realized the path was like a maze I never saw something new or something that could help me differentiate in the way that I was walking.

"I smell fresh blood." A voice came and chill rose up my spine.

"Who is it?" I asked trying to move my feet which seem to be frozen in fear.

"It's a rare kind of blood." Another creepy voice said.

"I have the power to kill you, don't come close." I bluffed obviously not telling them that I was foolishly unarmed.

I dragged myself forward mumbling prayers and hoping that no matter how much Nazereth hated me, he will come to my rescue somehow.  Once I see him alive I will be fine.